1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 15, 2013 6:26 PM by PoorTom1004

Audio and Video issues

PoorTom1004

Desktop Motherboard Model: DX58OG

Firmware: SOX5820J.86A.0888.2012.0129.2203

Date Purchased: 2/28/2011

Warranty: 3 years (Still under warranty)

Multiple items have been plaguing my computing experience with this Intel motherboard.

Issue 1:

Audio is very spotty, and crackles.  This occurs via the 3.5mm and USB interfaces with headphones plugged into the front connections of my PC, as well as the 5.1 speakers that I have connected to my SoundBlaster sound card via 3.5mm connections.  I have 2 different SoundBlaster soundcards, both of which have the same exact issues when plugged into this PC, but not my other PC.  I run the most up to date corresponding driver for both sound cards in both machines.  This determines that the sound cards, the drivers, and the wires are not at fault.  The new SoundBlaster card uses PCIex1, the old card uses PCI.  I’ve also determined that interference is not an issue as I have tried the exact same setups in multiple locations in my house.

Issue 2:

Without obvious reason, the video driver in my machine crashes repeatedly often.  I've used several different heat monitoring utilities, such as the EVGA Precision X and the Intel Desktop Utilities.  I am not overclocking any of my components (CPU, GPU, RAM, etc...). None of these utilities have identified thermal issues.

Right when the driver crashes, my computer screen goes into sleep mode because apparently the driver does not recover most of the time.  I am forced to shut down my computer by holding down the power button for 5 seconds, and then I turn the computer back on without issue.  I always run the latest NVidia driver version, which currently is 320.49.  There have been multiple driver releases over the period of time that this has occurred, so I highly doubt this is a NVidia driver issue.

I’ve tried multiple different brand new video cards that include different vendors (AMD and Nvidia EVGA).

These issues have been happening for more than a year now, essentially when I built my PC, and I have finally lost my patience.

I don’t think this is a coincidence that I have had both of these audio and video issues since the same time I built my PC.  I believe they are tied to one common component, the motherboard.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here or troubleshooting tools?

• 1. Re: Audio and Video issues
          PoorTom1004

Whenever I go to the contact support links, it says that interactive support has ended.  This is confusing because my product is still under warranty.  How does one go about getting warranty support instead of wasting time in the community forum leaving this issue unanswered with not one reply for 3+ days?