1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 11, 2013 9:19 AM by sylvia_intel

Intel D975XBX2 RAID 10 mother board problem

andygonzalez

Hardware:Windows 7 64bit OS. 4 750gb SATA drives in a RAID 10 setup, 8Gigs Ram, EVGA GTX460 video card.

My PC started freezing.  I thought it might be a video card issue because a couple of times I would get a video error and recovery.  Each time I rebooted the Intel software would then rebuild the drives.  At the last boot my PC has started freezing at the Windows logo screen.  In safe mode it does boot and go into safe mode.  But each time in normal boot it freezes.

I also noticed a leaking CAP in the area between the RAM and the IDE connectors.  I am thinking now I have a faulty board.  I researched compatible boards and settle on a Gigabyte with the Intel storage technology.

After building the PC and powering back up I am still getting the freeze.

The bios recognizes the drives, and I have configured it as RAID.

During the boot I see all four drives and the status shows Verify.

In the Ctrl I utility it shows the four drives and the RAID volume 0.

What can I do now to get this going or recover my data.  Can I give up on the RAID and break it.  I don't know enough about RAID I just thought having this RAID 10 would be the best way to secure the data but if the motherboard dies it doesnt do me any good.

I need the help here of those smarter than me on this.

• 1. Re: Intel D975XBX2 RAID 10 mother board problem
          sylvia_intel

Andy, first of all we need to find out what is causing you system to freeze. How long ago did you start getting this behavior?  Which is the current BIOS version of your unit? The Intel motherboard D975xbx2 has been out of support since December 2009, so the latest BIOS version available is 2838.

I recommend you to disconnect all hard drives and additional devices. Please take the board out of the chassis and test it with minimum configuration (Motherboard, processor, power supply, 1 memory stick and video card)

- Remove the CMOS battery and leave the system without it for about an hour. Then put it back on and restart the system. http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm?wapkw=clear+cmos+battery#datetime

-Start adding one component at the time until you find the conflicting one.

Regarding your RAID, please let me know which Intel® Rapid Storage Technology version are you using?