2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2013 12:24 AM by juanla

dual channel ram question

juanla

Hello, i m using 2 identical stick ram modules (size,timmings,etc) and i bought them separately (not a kit) in the same time and same store. The computer works fine in dual channel with these modules but i wish to know if i loss some performance since i don't bought them on a dual channel kit. I'll be very grateful if someone can answer my question since is very difficult to find these kits on my local store thank you very much.

• 1. Re: dual channel ram question
          sylvia_intel

Hello Juanla, it is not necessary to get RAM as a kit; however we do recommend it.  There are some sticks of memory that show the same speed, size, voltage and timming, but the structure is different.

Would you please provide me the complete model number of the RAM you purchased in order to double check it?

Also, could you please provide me the model number of the motherboard and processor you are using?

• 2. Re: dual channel ram question
            juanla

Hello Sylvia. Thank you very much for your response. Well i'm using a dh87mc with a haswell i5 4430 cpu. it has  2 sticks of memory (not a kit) and they are labeled as follow (both). manufacturer: kingston technology hyperx KHX1600C9D3B1/4G 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 240-Pin DIMM Assembled in China 9905402-533.A00LF I'll hope for your answer Thank you again!