3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2011 5:04 PM by ceh4702

Secondary monitor on DG35EC

overloadnn

I have a computer with DG35EC motherboard with built-in Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3500. If I buy a secondary video adapter: can I use two monitors? Or will the secondary video adapter disable built-in x3500?

Thanks a lot!.

• 1. Re: Secondary monitor on DG35EC
          Javed Lodhi

Hi!

You can use 2 monitors if you buy yourself a secondary GPU (Graphic Processing Unit -- or -- Video Adapter) depending on the model of GPU you purchase. Some GPUs come with 1 x VGA and 1 x DVI port and some come with 2 x DVI port (Use VGA to DVI convertor in case your LCD does not have a DVI connector). As for secondary adapter disabling built-in X3500, you have the option in BIOS to switch to either of the Video Adapters i.e. On-Board or External

Hope this helps, in case you have any further queries, feel free to write to us.

Thank you, have a nice day!

--

Warm Regards,

Javed Lodhi

Intel Go Green, Save The Environment!

• 2. Re: Secondary monitor on DG35EC
            overloadnn

Let me see if I understood: the additional GPU will disable on-board video adapter. With the BIOS option I can use only one of them.

Thanks for you time!

• 3. Re: Secondary monitor on DG35EC
              ceh4702

I have my DG35EC Hooked up like it has 2 monitors (Dell Video and HDTV).

Keep in mind that there are improved video drivers.

1-VGA

1-DVI - HDMI (converter) => HDMI Cable (Audio Separate).

I usually watch Koren movies with English Subs, Youtube, etc.

The integrated video will not do full HD, just around 720p.

I think if you put a video card in the slot it disables the built-in Video.