1 of 1 people found this helpful
There is no answer whatsoever here. Evidently, nobody has read the question. Please do not point to the "Getting started guide."
I cannot find usber.sys anywhere on Windows XP and I did not see anything on the device manager. So?
BTW, I am working from an Internet cafe while travelling. It would be nice if I did not need an admin password. I love Intel, but Arduino is supposed to be user friendly.
Thanks and best Regards,
I wanted to tell you that Intel Galileo also works with Xp.
I had problems with the installation of the driver, but I solved following these steps:
"( from page 5)2.
- I have download the latest IDE and firmaware for windows from this address https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23171 is a zip file.
- I have unzipped the ide file.
- after installation I tried to see if the Arduino IDE worked in Windows Xp. And it works!!
- I have followed the instuction from Galileo_GettingStarted ,as recommended by Srikanth. (link: http://download.intel.com/support/galileo/Galileo_GettingStarted_329685_002.pdf)
Connect the USB cable to the USB Device Port (closest to the Ethernet) and to a
PC. Wait for Windows to begin its driver installation process. After a few moments,
the process will fail.
3.Click on the StartMenu, and open up the Control Panel. While in the Control Panel, navigate to System. Next, click on System. Once the System window is up, open the Device Manager.
4.Look under Ports (COM & LPT). You should see an open port named Gadget Serial V2.4.5. Right-click on the Gadget Serial V2.4 port and choose the Update Driver Software option.
6.Next, choose the
Browse my computer for Driver software
7.Finally, navigate to and select the driver file named linux-cdc-acm.inf, located in the hardware/arduino/x86/toolsdirectory).
8.Once the driver is successfully installed, Device Manager will show a Gadget Serial (COMx)device under Ports (COM&LPT). Note the COMxport number as it will be needed in the IDE later."
After updating Galileo board, i have upload blink sketch. Works!!
I hope I was helpful to someone.
Thanks for your help and sorry for my bad english!
Hi and thanks!
I followed your instructions and device manager shows Galileo (COM4).
When I try to upgrade the firmware
"target firmware version query failed."
Arduino: 1.5.3 (Windows XP), Board: "Intel® Galileo"
When I try to run blink I get
i586-poky-linux-uclibc-g++: error: and: No such file or directory
i586-poky-linux-uclibc-g++: error: Settings\Administrator\Desktop\arduino-1.5.3/hardware/tools/x86/i586-poky-linux-uclibc: No such file or directory
Life can be so cruel. I got a board at the Rome show and the USB port on my laptop promptly failed. I am travelling in Asia and don't want to get it fixed because it is under warranty and all the Internet cafes here run XP. Sigh.
thank i followed your instruction to have it working under winxp n got it installed , my first start with this fuzzy board is not promising not to mention the amount of heat coming from the processor is heating all the room, can not wait till i get 86duino based on real chip with vga support. it seem i am just gonna through this Galileo myth out on the freezing snow and let it freeze to death and forget it even existed so i can forget the money and time I lost today with this bad adventure. very shameful , Intel CEO with all the show in the media for this, very disappointing, better Intel come-up with modified version of Galileo with Linux32 support and hdmi at least they can find a reason for this pricey board when compared to beagleboneblack. I am still shocked is this really Intel product !!..
I too confirm it works on an old T41 running XP (slow, but it works). I think it is much better than my now-screwed-up win7 system which still does not work with RNDIS.
I think the Edison firmware update process nearly works too, except one of the scripts uses the 'timeout' command that isn't supported under XP (but you can edit this to 'pause'). Zadig has an XP version zadig_xp_v22.214.171.124.7z which worked fine, gadget driver installed ok, dfu_utils works ok too. In the end I think the problem I was having installing the ww33 image was the same on win7 as on xp and having had to revert to WW32 twice to get it working on win7 I could not be bothered to go and repeat the exercise on XP. I will try it on WW34 when it comes out.
Yep, been using an old Dell XP with ~10 years of junk on it since the day I got a Galileo. Really have not had a single problem that could be attributed to XP - or at least that I could not have attributed to XP before Galileo. When I tested out the terminal / Linux sketch through the little audio jack, I had to reincarnate a version of hypertrm because I couldn't remember the names of other simple terminal programs I had on there. I hate throwing stuff out...still have a Kim-1 and a TRS-80 M1 in the closet....but I haven't got the IDE to work with them yet (ok I'm kidding, but they really are in the closet).