5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2009 3:18 PM by edd189

D945GSEJT doesn't boot with adaptec raid controller

Daku123

I have a D945GSEJT with the newest bios.

Today i would upgrade my raid controller from a promise FastTrak TX4310 to a Adaptec Serial ATA RAID 21610SA.

The adaptec controller works fine in three other pcs/mainboards, but not in the D945GSEJT.

The intel logo comes for one second, the controller boots

019klein.jpg

and then comes the intel logo and the system hangs.

018klein.jpg

I have no chance to start the bios or the boot menu with F2 or F10... CTRL+ALT+DEL doesnt work also.

Anybody any idea???

• 1. Re: D945GSEJT doesn't boot with adaptec raid controller
          Aryan2411

Hi there,

Unfortunately, Intel does not validate server or raid controller on the Intel (R) Desktop Board.

I dont think that it would work. Anyway, i wanted to know if at least without the card, you can boot into the BIOS?

I remember to have tried an Intel (R) Raid controller on the Intel (R) Desktop Board and it did not work either.

All the best, Hope if someelse try it, he can let you know as well.

Regards,

Aryan

• 2. Re: D945GSEJT doesn't boot with adaptec raid controller
            Daku123

Thanks for your answer.

Without the adaptec controller, i can boot into the bios, also with the promise raid controller.

• 3. Re: D945GSEJT doesn't boot with adaptec raid controller
              edd189

Has any progress been made on getting this RAID card to work? I am experiencing the same problem with my D945GSEJT motherboard. I have tried two raid controllers (one RocketRAID 2220 8-SATA drive and one generic 8212 2-channel IDE from ebay) and neither work. I have verified the PCI slot is not defective by using an ethernet card on the slot.

I have the exact same screen as your postings below. It will go through the controller card's startup sequence, then have that one black block in the upper left corner of the INTEL screen. Gets stuck there and will not POST nor reset.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Edd

• 4. Re: D945GSEJT doesn't boot with adaptec raid controller
                Aryan2411

Hello,

Since there is not a list of validated and tested raid controller card on Intel Desktop Boards, it would be difficult to provide some troubleshooting here.

The only thing that you need to make sure:

- latest bios version.

- latest firmware for raid controller

- check bios and raid firmware release notes.

- enabled expansion card text in the bios (Security >> Expansion Card Text>> Enabled)

All the best,

Kind Regards,

Aryan.

• 5. Re: D945GSEJT doesn't boot with adaptec raid controller
                  edd189

Sometimes the simplest things are all you need to do. I updated the BIOS on the board to the current version (037) and it booted up and installed just fine.

Thanks!

Edd