1 2 3 Previous Next 30 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2013 11:38 AM by Leto

Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257

nic

We've got a new driver available for the 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 4000/2500, 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel HD Graphics 4200/4400/4600/5000, Intel® Iris™ Graphics 5100/Intel® Iris™ Pro Graphics 5200,

The drivers can be found here;

32-bit ZIP/EXE file: Download Center

64-bit ZIP/EXE file: Download Center

Also, Release Notes.

This driver includes improvements to the Intel® Graphics Control Panel, a fix in a major DWM.exe crash issue, and many other fixes and improvements over from the previous driver - a lot of which was contributed by users in the Intel® Graphics Communities in the previous version of this thread.  Keep in mind that all feedback submitted with the last thread is not guaranteed to have been fixed, corrected, or actionable - so there may be some residual issues that occur in this driver as well as the last.  Feel free to re-post them as you find them though.

I would like to collect constructive feedback for this specific driver so that we can apply it to future revisions of this driver.  I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added.  BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!5000

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver.  Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted!  If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread.

Thank you, and let me know how it goes!

-Nic

• 1. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
          deanbuen

BUG:

This may not be relevant since this driver supports Windows 8 and i am writing this bug specifically for Windows Server 2012 R2 (Windows 8.1).  However I did try to install this on the latest release of Windows Server 2012 R2 RTM version and it will install just fine.  The only problem, and big problem is that the Server Manager window will crash every time it comes up, rendering the server useless if you don't have your server roles and features installed.  I've learned to install all my roles and features first and deal with the awful Microsoft basic driver; then go back and install this driver version.  My current setup is on a Dell Precision M4700 using the Intel Core i7-3720QM Processor and 32GB of RAM.  I do have an Nvidia Quadro K2000 card installed but it wont install unless the Intel Graphic drivers are installed first. 

• 2. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
            -hamzaazmi

BUG

I am using a dell vostro 2520 laptop with i-5 3210M (HD 4000) and i use 3d visual effects creating software like element 3d in after effects. The problem is that when I was using the driver version 9.17.10.2849, the oldest driver which was given by dell, opengl was not initializing and further I switched to the driver version 9.18.10.3071. With this driver the element 3d was working but the textures were not able to load onto the obj models. I swithced to the driver version 9.18.10.3165, the element 3d was working perfectly, But with this driver, when I start my laptop, everything goes fine, the welcome window seems perfect but when desktop appears severe COLOUR BLEEDING happens everywhere on my screen. The color bleeding stops when I switch the colour bitrate to 16bit and then to 32bit or change the resolution lower and then to the native (1336x768)pixels. It also stops when I connect the laptop to an alternative display (TV). This also happens with the latest driver version (9.18.10.3257). The 3d page on intel.com didn't helped me at all.

I am using Windows 7 professional 64 bit and I don't have a discreet graphics card.

• 3. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
              nic

@deanbuen:  The 3257 driver successfully installed because you are using a driver compatible with that CPU.  However, since you are running Windows* Server 2012, which is not a supported OS for that processor, you may be experiencing system stability issues as a result of them not being compatible.  I would suggest either sticking with the basic/inbox driver or switching the OS to a non server-based OS.

@hamzaazmi: Are you still using the adapter-cables you mentioned yesterday?  I believe you stated you had a cable that had the adapter built into it, so it was HDMI on one end and DVI on the other.  Can you verify which DVI type you are using with the below diagram?  Also, I would highly recommend using straight-through cables, as adapter-cables are not normally validated to either of their connection type standards (band-aid cables) and are known to cause problems.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:DVI_Connector_Types.svg

Thanks,

-Nic

• 4. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
                -hamzaazmi

I don't use DVI Cables at all. I use VGA Cable to connect the laptop to the VGA port of my TV.

• 5. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
                  RPILLER

I have a MacBook Air 2013 i5 Intel HD Graphic 5000 in which I'm dual booting Win 8. The driver you list points to a version starting with 15. Why is it after I install this driver and look at the Display adapter in Device Manager on Win 8 the driver version says 9.18.10.3257.

I ask this because in OSX I'm able to play games like Grimrock, but on Win 8 on this same laptop it crashes on startup. I also use a 3D game engine called Leadwerks which again works on OSX but crashes on startup on my Win 8 install on this MacBook Air.

Any ideas why this is? It's clearly a driver issue for Win 8 on this hardware.

Also note that the Intell HD Graphics Control Panel doesn't even launch. It says GfxUIEx has stopped working right when I try to run it. Something is seriously wrong with the Win 8 drivers on MacBook Air hardware.

• 6. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
                    hellyarbm

In Windows 8.1 RTM 6.3.9600, GfxUIEx crashes as well. I also cannot play any games, unless they are set to use the dedicated video card. I upgraded from Windows 8.0 instead of a fresh install; did not test a fresh install. I also tried uninstalling drivers completely and re-installing these drivers. Laptop used was a Lenovo Y580.

• 7. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
                      RPILLER

Hey heelyarbm,

I just found this and it worked for me.

All compatible games crash on Windows 8 via Bootcamp - Super User

It's strange because it says they are beta drivers but the version is lower than the most recent drivers, but installing these on my Win 8.1 Pro worked.

• 8. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
                        leftler

@nic Is there a similar thread to this one for Server 2012 R2 testing? I have the same problem as GfxUIEx and would like to participate in any beta driver testing that would help stop bugs like that.

• 9. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
                          Yups

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23216/a08/

Is this official?

On my Windows 7 x64 system with HD4600 all new drivers (including 15.31.19.3293 from downloadcenter) causing a 10-15% CPU load while my system is in idle. It affects CPU performance, 2D performance and other things. The last drivers without this bug are 9.18.10.3257 and 10.18.10.3262.

• 10. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
                            deanbuen

I tried Yups download link for my issue on the windows server 2012 R2 problem.  This didnt fix it. 

• 11. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
                              Yups

http://www.enduroriders.sk/juro/gluxmark2/index.php?page=download

GluxMark 2.2 fails with 3257 in the middle of the benchmark.

• 12. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
                                nic

Hello everyone!  Incoming answers;

@RPILLER:  For any issues with Apple* systems, you need to contact them directly for support.

@hellyarbm:  For Windows* 8.1, use the 8.1 beta drivers we have posted here; https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-21232  3257 is not intended for use on Windows* 8.1 which is probably why you're seeing these errors.

@leftler:  You will have to consult the Server Communities.  The Graphics Communities is for Mobile, Desktop and Entry-level Notebook (formerly Netbook) graphics support.  I am not sure if they have any plans of doing a similar feedback system over there.

@Yups:  I'll ask about that driver, it isn't the one we posted that is for certain.  3257 is the latest we provide currently.

@deanbuen:  None of these drivers are meant to be installed on a server OS.  You will need to contact your server manufacturer in order to obtain drivers.  Additionally, if you are trying to run a server OS on a desktop/mobile system using a non-server processor, you will run into compatibility issues with our driver across the board - and we do not provide support for that configuration.

@hamzaazmi:  Can you provide a copy of your dxdiag (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information) and a copy of your Intel® Graphics Driver Report please?  (How to get; Graphics — Intel´┐Ż Graphics Driver Report)

Thanks everyone!

-Nic

• 13. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
                                  nic

@Yups:  Did this software function properly with 3165?

• 14. Re: Windows* 7/8 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3257
                                    Yups

3165 also fails.

1 2 3 Previous Next