4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2010 4:25 AM by ibookman

D945GCLF2 AA number missing after bios update with IIA

L.K

Hi all,

I try update bios with Intel Integrator Assistant. Operation failed

Now, on every reboot I got POST error E9 - "The AA number has not programmed on the system. Press the Enter key...." bla bla bla

Later, I update bios to the lastest version using Recovery procedure. Its work fine, but E9 still live ;(

Now, IIA stops with "This motherboard is not supported by IIA" error.

Any solusions? Btw, sorry for my english

• 1. Re: D945GCLF2 AA number missing after bios update with IIA
          unplugged_24

Hi there,

That is bad.

Since you have tried bios recovery and this does not solve the issue, then the next thing is to try clear cmos, removing the motherboard battery and power connector and put them back after about 30 minutes.

If issue remains, then you may try with any earlier bios version. Use only the recovery method or iflash method.

Link for earlier bios releases:http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Filter_Results.aspx?strOSs=38&strTypes=all&ProductID=2926&OSFullName=OS%20Independent&lang=eng&sType=prev

Note: IIA is not meant to be used to do bios update. The appropriate bios update methods are found on the bios download page.

If this makes no change then you may need to contact your reseller to RMA the board. I dont think there is anything else I can advise you.

Cheers

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: D945GCLF2 AA number missing after bios update with IIA
            L.K

Hello, IAA suggested updating the BIOS, downloaded the new version and unfortunately did trouble. This was not my idea :/ . In the meantime I found your other post and tried to perform clear cmos memory (30min. w/o battery and power), then downgrade with recovery procedure to bios ver.099 (success) and then upgrade to ver 182. but this procedure (upgrade) takes about 30 minutes longer?? Strangely, HDD led blinks from time to time, but nothing on the monitor is not. Can I interrupt or wait? At the very beginning tried update with iflash2 from cd (iso image), but it is not brought no effect, no upgrade. I do not know why? In the Bios menu MAIN/Additional System Information/Chassis Information/version and serial number and Asset Tag are nonsense - random characters. (?) Thank you for your willingness to help. Yours L.K

• 3. Re: D945GCLF2 AA number missing after bios update with IIA
              ibookman

To solve your problem you have to get the orginal bios, so go to gateway or dell which ever brand computer you have and download the bios for your Computer. Then use the bios the one that cause all this problem reupdate the bios again. Now this is the "tricky part" you unplug your computer while it is updating the bios to intentionally crash the update, then follow intel bios recovery instructions. Now you will be "A OK" Fear NoT IT Works. recovery harddrive with bios only remove bios jumper turn-on the computer then wait for the slowly update. "No Problem Man"

• 4. Re: D945GCLF2 AA number missing after bios update with IIA
                ibookman

To solve your problem you have to get the orginal bios, so go to gateway or dell which ever brand computer you have and download the bios for your Computer. Then use the bios the one that cause all this problem reupdate the bios again. Now this is the "tricky part" you unplug your computer while it is updating the bios to intentionally crash the update, then follow intel bios recovery instructions. Now you will be "A OK" Fear NoT IT Works. recovery harddrive with bios only remove bios jumper turn-on the computer then wait for the slowly update. "No Problem Man"