3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2009 3:35 AM by Aryan2411

DG35EC auto power on

overloadnn

Is it possible to set DG35EC to automatically power on computer when plugged?

I tried with the "Power after failure" setting to "Always on" but if the UPS software shuts down to computer, the motherboard does not detect it as a power failure.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: DG35EC auto power on
          Aryan2411

Hi there,

So far, I know that this is achievable on the AMT Intel Desktop Board. The Intel Active Management Technology offers several features like:

Power on/off a system from S0 state etc.

http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023665.htm

Most of the 'Q' Series Intel boards support the AMT technology like dq45cb, dq45ek, dq35jo, dq965gf etc.

I have used all of them, using a software like Intel System Defense Utility or Intel AMT Commander allows to do that from another system which does not need to be AMT, you will need to access the AMT machine thru the ip address.

It is very cool these features.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

• 2. Re: DG35EC auto power on
            overloadnn

Thanks for the reply.

This is how I solved it:

- Using Local Group Policies in Windows 2003, I set "Do not turn off system power after a Windows shutdown" to Enabled.

- Configure the UPS software to turn off the computer when running out of battery

- When the softwares turns the computer off, Windows show "Now you turn off your computer"

- When the power comes back again, the UPS reboots itself, causing the computer to turn off. The Intel motherboard detects this as a power failure, so after UPS reboot, computer is automatically on again.

Cheers!

• 3. Re: DG35EC auto power on
              Aryan2411

Hi there,

I am happy to learn a new things. Thank you for your reply.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan