4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2013 3:37 AM by Ziad Aghar

DZ77GA-70K Can't recognize LSI 8708EM2

jool

Hi,

My DZ77GA-70K can't recognize the LSI 8708EM2 raid card.

It even didn't show on any PCIE slots inside bios.......

Pls help, is there any i have to config to find the card......

Thanks,

• 1. Re: DZ77GA-70K Can't recognize LSI 8708EM2
          Henrik_Sorensen

I do have kind of same error as well. DZ77GA-70K board, trying to get an ARVOO, Leonardo card working.

The computer does only regonize the PCI card, in 1 of the 2 PCI slots?

• 2. Re: DZ77GA-70K Can't recognize LSI 8708EM2
            sylvia_intel

Unfortunately we do not validate the compatibility with RAID controllers on our Desktop Boards. These are usually for server systems.

However, you can try the following in order to check if the PCI-e is or not defective.

1. Test another device on the PCI-e and check on BIOS if it is being recognized.

2. On BIOS, go to the “Boot” tab and under “Boot display options”, check if the setting named “Expansion card text” is enable.

3. Check for a BIOS updated if needed.

4. Test the system out of the chassis.

• 3. Re: DZ77GA-70K Can't recognize LSI 8708EM2
              jool

1. Test another device on the PCI-e and check on BIOS if it is being recognized.

2. On BIOS, go to the “Boot” tab and under “Boot display options”, check if the setting named “Expansion card text” is enable.

3. Check for a BIOS updated if needed.

4. Test the system out of the chassis.

Have tried all the above and still can't recognize the PCI-e card......

it seems the problem of bios or UEFI issue.......

Really hope Intel can look into this problem and provide new bios update.....

• 4. Re: DZ77GA-70K Can't recognize LSI 8708EM2
                Ziad Aghar

That card is a bit old. Have you tried updating the firmware on the card.

Another thing try not to use it in UEFI mode.

1 of 1 people found this helpful