Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Rapid Storage Technology Event ID and Email Notifications

MElsb
Beginner

I just installed the latest RST for Windows 8. I went to configure the email notifications and found that the program does not support SSL connections for SMTP servers. I don't know of any mainstream email providers that allow unsecured SMTP connections on port 25. This seriously needs to be addressed.

That said, I decided to create some monitors for the Event Log through my MSP platform. The issue is, I cannot seem to locate a list of Event IDs generated by Intel RST. I only want to monitor for specific events, instead of being spammed by non-critical event log entries.

Any help with the above mentioned list would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi SGAITS,

IRST provides the email notifications option but I does not support SMTP authentication. In the other hand, the IRST also provides an event log but there isn't an option to access the event log but your feedback will be passed to the corresponding department for future considerations.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi SGAITS,

IRST provides the email notifications option but I does not support SMTP authentication. In the other hand, the IRST also provides an event log but there isn't an option to access the event log but your feedback will be passed to the corresponding department for future considerations.

0 Kudos
MElsb
Beginner

I appreciate the response, however I fail to see the need. All you did is reiterate what I already mentioned.

Allow me to revise the last statement in the original post "Any help with the above mentioned list would be greatly appreciated."

Any CONSTRUCTIVE or USEFUL help with the above mentioned list would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
FKrik
Beginner

I have the same problem as SGAITS, and need a list of Event IDs generated by Intel RST.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello Arius,

Please check reply # 1

Kevin M

0 Kudos