4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2014 7:43 PM by Cleber Baldan junior

Install Windows 7 with Intel RST

ajt11

I have a new Toshiba laptop that came configured with a 32 GB SSD as cache for a 500 GB HDD. I want to replace Windows 8 with Windows 7.

I am running into problems during the install. I first tried to install like normal. The files copied and whatnot. The laptop rebooted, but froze during the Windows logo animation at startup. I tried to boot with safemode, but the laptop again froze--when loading "disk.sys." This is when I realized I might need to provide drivers during the installation process, since Windows sees the SSD+HDD as a RAID 0 array. I did a new installation, using the drivers from f6flpy-x64.zip loaded onto a USB stick. The installer found the drivers, so I assumed that was that. Unfortunately, after the installer finished copying files, I received an error indicating that a required driver could not be found, and the installation was terminated. I found this odd, since the install had previously "completed" without any additional driver provided.

Can somebody please advise me how to resolve this?

• 1. Re: Install Windows 7 with Intel RST
          Fernando

General comment:

It may be not a good idea to "downgrade" the Windows Operating System of a brandnew system. Simple reason: An older OS may not support all features.

Now to your problem:

It would be very helpful, if you tell us more about your Toshiba laptop (name of the product, chipset). This is important to know, if you want help regarding a suitable F6 RAID driver at the beginning of the Win7 installation.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Install Windows 7 with Intel RST
            ajt11

I have verified that there are Win7 drivers for all of the features I need.

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite U945-S4390. It uses the HM77 chipset.

• 3. Re: Install Windows 7 with Intel RST
              Fernando

ajt11 schrieb:

I have verified that there are Win7 drivers for all of the features I need.

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite U945-S4390. It uses the HM77 chipset.

Thanks for the response. You are right: Win7 will not need any separate driver for the installation.

Since Toshiba had preinstalled Win8, it seems possible for me, that there are hidden boot sector entries made by Toshia, which may prevent, that you install any other Operating System. A simple formatting doesn't erase such entries of the hidden track 0.

Solution: If you are sure, that you don't want to use Win8 (or Win8.1) anymore, you should do a "secure erase" of the complete HDD before you restart with the clean installation of Windows 7.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Install Windows 7 with Intel RST
                Cleber Baldan junior

I have a very similiar problem of the topic with an Acer S3-391-6427 laptop.

It has HM77 chipset, and the original OS was Win7 64bits.

Originally, it used Condusiv ExpressCache software, which is a copy of Intel Smart Response Tech, but I feel it's not as fast as other systems that I used with Intel SRT.

So, I set the BIOS SATA mode to RAID and made a clean Windows install, but on the first restart, right after I install Intel Rapid Storage Tecnology Software v 12.9.0.1001, the Windows startup gets stuck on the logo animation - not frozen just stuck.

If anyone find a solution for this, please step forward.