1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 16, 2009 3:41 AM by unplugged_24

Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal dg31pr

PCZero

OK folks installing XP on a new build.  Have a dg31pr with a 2.5ghz intel cpu.  2gb ram a sata drive and a cd drive.  have a xp SP1 cd and it crashes with no details,  If I try the XP pro or home original version (no sp) I get BSOD with PCI.SYS as the offending file.  How the heck do I get XP installed on this machine.  Swapped RAM and no help.  All components are brand new

• 1. Re: Irql_Not_Less_or_Equal dg31pr
          unplugged_24

Hi there,

Actually, if you are using SATA hard drives and you are using Windows XP, you need at least Servive Pack 2 included into the installation package. In general on these boards you need at least Service Pack 2.

Microsoft Windows XP Notice:
          If your desktop board includes PCI Express* capability, you must use Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2, which includes support for PCI Express.

Link: http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-008326.htm

The BSOD's you are getting might me related to the OS installation disk, whcih does not have SP 2 included.

Best way is to either use a Windows XP installation with SP2 or SP3 included or if you do not have any disk with these service pack included, you can slipstream the Service Pack in the installation package. You can use 'Nlite' software to do this.

Hope this answers your query.

Cheers

1 of 1 people found this helpful