9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2015 10:28 AM by ivanu_intel

Updated Drivers - Problems

DannyBoi

I just recently updated several of my drivers trying to keep everything up to date but I've encountered a problem.

My first problem is that I can no longer adjust my screen brightness at all whether it be using the hotkeys or going to the power options. The brightness does not change at all and I believe this came after installing a new graphics driver.

My second problem is my Graphic Control Panel keeps crashing every time I try to open it:

I would upload the crash file but I can't find the option to do so here so here's a copy-paste.

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Intel Corporation\Intel WiDi\DAISAtt\prod.resource'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)

at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks)

at UverseEnabled.Utils.AAPFileParser.a()

at UverseEnabled.Utils.AAPFileParser.b()

at UverseEnabled.UverseEnabledManager.a()

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

• 1. Re: Updated Drivers - Problems
          sylvia_intel

Hello DannyBoi,

May I have your system configuration? Which processor are you using and which driver version did you installed?

Also, please provide me the operating system installed?

Regards.

• 2. Re: Updated Drivers - Problems
            DannyBoi

System Configuration:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name INTENSO

System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard

System Model HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.0B, 1/2/2013

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"

User Name INTENSO\Daniel

Time Zone GMT Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 7.90 GB

Available Physical Memory 5.32 GB

Total Virtual Memory 15.8 GB

Available Virtual Memory 12.7 GB

Page File Space 7.90 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Driver Version Installed:

Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 version 9.18.10.3165 (about to update to see if it fixes issue)

Extra Information:

I noticed after doing a roll back of this specific driver, everything was really slow but I could adjust brightness again.

Only way I can adjust brightness is through the graphic properties of the driver and not through the power control, hot keys, etc...

• 3. Re: Updated Drivers - Problems
              DannyBoi

The update did not resolve the problem.

• 4. Re: Updated Drivers - Problems
                DannyBoi

bump?

• 5. Re: Updated Drivers - Problems
                  sylvia_intel

Are you able to access the Intel® HD Graphics Control Panel?  If you do, please check under the color tab, if you can change the brightness.

You may want to try the drivers from our website also:

Intel® Iris™ and HD graphics Driver for Windows 7* and Windows 8* 64 bit

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22842&lang=eng&OSVersion=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09&DownloadType=Drivers

Intel® Iris™ and HD graphics Driver for Windows 7* and Windows 8* 32 bit

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22840&lang=eng&OSVersion=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09&DownloadType=Drivers

• 6. Re: Updated Drivers - Problems
                    DannyBoi

So I'm not allowed to adjust brightness any other way now? I also feel that the Intel Graphics Control Panel brightness adjustment doesn't really help in terms of battery life. Feels as if the color of the screen has decreased by the brightness of the screen itself remains the same.

I'll try downloading this Iris driver thing.

Also, I've been lately getting several BSOD's. Sevenforums suggest it might be driver related issues:

BSOD upon closing lid - Page 6 - Windows 7 Help Forums

Any suggestions?

• 7. Re: Updated Drivers - Problems
                      DannyBoi

Also, I'd just like to add that I can confirm that adjusting the brightness in the 'colors' tab simply adjusts the brightness of the actual colors e.g. grey becomes black and not that of the actual screen.

• 8. Re: Updated Drivers - Problems
                        JohnRoss2113

Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Windows 10 & Windows 8.1   ( Brightness fix with latest driver)

Brightness Fix with Driver Date 8/17/2015 )

Brightness problem Solved

Intel HD Graphics 4000 with NVIDIA® GeForce® GT650M graphics.

Install:

Intel HD Graphics 4000 Driver,     Driver Date: 8/17/2015

Driver Version: 10.18.10.4276

Make sure you backup your registry first before proceeding!!!!

open regedit  in  Run Command

Registry has wrong value:

Currently reads as :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000] "FeatureTestControl"=

"Edit DWORD 32 bit"=       f000

Registry with New Value:

You needed to change the value in registry to:  (   f008   )

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000] "FeatureTestControl"=

"Edit DWORD 32 bit"=        f008

Then Restart Computer

Brightness Fixed with Latest driver.

Let me know if this was helpful to you

jrreyn02@outlook.com

• 9. Re: Updated Drivers - Problems
                          ivanu_intel

Hi JohnRoss2113 ,

Thank you for the information you have kindly provided.

Here is the link for the latest BIOS version:

Download Intel® HD Graphics Driver for Windows® 7*, 8.1*, 10 (3rd Gen & BYT)

Note: The driver is generic versions and can be used for general purposes. However, computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) may have altered the features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes to the software or software packaging they provide. To avoid any potential installation incompatibilities on your OEM system, Intel recommends that you check with your OEM and use the drivers provided by your system manufacturer. Intel and the computer original equipment manufacturer (OEM) may not provide technical support for some or all issues that could arise from the usage of this generic version of software drivers.