Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

upgrading intel grapic card in windows 8

TMulh1
Beginner

hi can I upgrade my graphics card 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000 to the best intell grapic card avalible and newst one and how much will upgrading the grapic card cost
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello t_m,

Please note that there is no way to change the onboard graphics card on a processor. You can upgrade the system by changing the processor with a better/ newer onboard graphics controller.

Nowadays we have the 4th generation processors that come with the Intel® HD graphics 4200, 4400, 4600, 5000 & 5200. I am afraid to say that since you have a 2nd generation processor your motherboard does not support the new Intel® processors meaning that will be necessary to change the motherboard too.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello t_m,

Please note that there is no way to change the onboard graphics card on a processor. You can upgrade the system by changing the processor with a better/ newer onboard graphics controller.

Nowadays we have the 4th generation processors that come with the Intel® HD graphics 4200, 4400, 4600, 5000 & 5200. I am afraid to say that since you have a 2nd generation processor your motherboard does not support the new Intel® processors meaning that will be necessary to change the motherboard too.

0 Kudos
TMulh1
Beginner

hi do you have any links to the following you said and how much it is going to cost please

0 Kudos
TMulh1
Beginner

hi please could you provide a link to the latest intel that will fit a Lenovo g580 please and the new upgrade to the motherboard please

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

In order to get the compatibility list with your Lenovo computer, I recommend you contacting the Lenovo directly. This is because we as Intel® provide the hardware to the computer system manufacturers and they will design and create their own custom systems including limitations on their products depending on their customers' needs. They are the only ones who can provide the compatibility list for your unit with other components.

In the other hand, to get the prices for the products you may contact an Intel Authorized reseller so they can get the parts for you or contacting the computer system manufacturer since they know what specifically part fits on your unit and the price for it.

0 Kudos
TMulh1
Beginner

ok so what grapics card and motherboard should I ask them

0 Kudos
TMulh1
Beginner

I done some searching on Lenovo is this the right thing I should be looking at http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/G580-Intel-Celeron-B830-what-cpu-upgrades-can-be-done/td-p/969447 G580 Intel Celeron B830, what cpu upgrades can b... - Lenovo Community

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

As mentioned before, this is something to ask the computer system manufacturer since they are the ones that can give you the compatibility list of components with your computer.

0 Kudos