Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Poor Performance - Wireless 7260AC plus bluetooth

NNank
Beginner

Hi,

I have purchased an Intel NUC DC3217IY as a home theatre to stream my movies from my NAS box. I did have it connected toa wireless access point however recently installed the new 7260ac card.

Since I have I am receiving between 1.5-2 MB transfer rate on 2.4g and around 1-1.5MB on 5g. I was using the SAGAR drivers to get it working on Windows 7 Ultimate and yesterday I updated to the new intel drivers for Windows 7 - 16.1.3.1 and there has been no change in performance.

What I have done to trouble shoot so far is:

1. isolate the NUC (Ie disconnect every other device from the router) - no change

2. checked with two laptops in the same spot as the NUC (both receive 6-7MB transfer)

3. Reset the routher (Netgear DGN3700)

4. Clean install of the driver

5. Changed wi-fi channel on my router in case of any interference

I am getting an error in the installation of Pro/Wireless software 'bsutilcs stopped working' and I get the option to close or search the web. I thought it had something to do with the blue tooth but not 100%.

Has anyone got any suggestions other than buy a new card...............

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
12 Replies
NNank
Beginner

I should note that the speeds i mention I got from transferring a 4gb mkv file to and from the NAS, the NUC and other laptops.

The speedtest.net results are 16-17Mbs wired, and 14Mbps wireless on the laptop in the same sport as the NUC.

The speedtest.net results for the NUC using the 7260 is around 2Mbps (although I got one result of 14Mbps).

Any other info just let me know or if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Nathan Nankivell

0 Kudos
tvete
Valued Contributor II

Have you tried reseating the antenna plugs?

NNank
Beginner

thanks for coming back to me theveterans.

I just swapped the antennae's over so the grey is going to 1 on the card and the black is going to 2 (I think).

So now really weird (but better than before) is I'm getting the following results:

Speednet - 2.4g - 0.7 download and 0.66 upload.

5g - 15.34Mbps download and 0.76 upload.

With copying the same file again I get:

2.4 - keeps disconnecting so couldn't get a reading

5g - slightly better around the 2.5 MBs (from the windows screen that pops up when copying)

I'm a little confused now. I've got it connected to 5g and i can stream a 1080p movie without any buffering which is what i was after butI'd like to know why it's not connecting well on 2.4.

Any clue?

0 Kudos
NNank
Beginner

Also note that the wireless signal is at full bars now for both bands.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Nathan,

Thanks a lot for all the information provided, I am going to double check if this Wireless adapter is or not fully compatible with the NUC DC3217IY.

I will try to set up a lab and check if I got the same behavior. I'll keep you posted.

Regards.

0 Kudos
NNank
Beginner

Thanks for that Sylvia.

I id double check before buying and its listed as a compatible product.

cheers

Nathan

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Nathan, could you please try taking off the top of the NUC and take the antenna out? Then, run the speed test again.

Please let me know the result.

Regards.

0 Kudos
NNank
Beginner

Hi Sorry for the delay in coming back to you.

Do you mean take the connecting wires off of the card and then run the speed test?

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Nathan, please ignore my previous post. The way you connected the antenna is correct, the grey is going to 1 and the black is going to 2.

Could you please check if the wires are connected as shown the picture below?

0 Kudos
NNank
Beginner

Hi Sylvia,

Thanks for coming back to me. I'll check tonight, however I'm reluctant to change anything given tIve at least got the 5g network working so well.

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

If the system got 5GHz, the issue could be related to interference in the area.

0 Kudos
LG4
Novice

Try to disable BT device and see if wifi will perform better.