Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Intel 4000 HD - HDMI stopped working

bedga
Beginner

Hi,

Up 'til Sunday I've been able to view content on my tv via my laptop's HDMI output with no problems.

I hooked everything up yesterday, and now cannot get the laptop to identify the TV, and the TV reports no signal.

I cannot get this to start working again. I've updated the driver to the latest version, done a system restore as far back as the day I got the laptop. Nothing makes a difference.

Can anyone suggest what has gone wrong here and how I can fix this please?

Thanks

Bebnbenb

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello bebnbenb,

I recommend you uninstalling the current driver in your computer and download the latest one at the link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3712&DwnldID=22842&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=3rd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4000&lang=eng https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3712&DwnldID=22842&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=3rd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4000&lang=eng

Since it was working fine before and no changes have been made, I also recommend you to testing another HDMI cable since the problem can be related to the cable.

Besides the mentioned above, I recommend you doing a power cycle. This is done by disconnecting the battery and pressing and holding the power button for about 1 minute.

0 Kudos
bedga
Beginner

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the reply.

I have uninstalled the driver and installed teh one you suggested. I have also done a power cycle. Still not working.

The HDMI cable is OK as when plugged into the DVD player rather than the PC, all is fine.

Is there anything else that you recommend trying?

Thanks

0 Kudos