1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2013 9:16 AM by joe_intel

Intel Matrix Storage Manager Raid 1 Hard Drive Replacement

usfjosh

I am having a problem getting a replacement hard drive back into raid 1.  My I&-920 Volume is missing a hard drive which I just replaced.  There is no option to rebuild the volume or anything like that.  Help please.  Thanks.

Matrix.jpg

• 1. Re: Intel Matrix Storage Manager Raid 1 Hard Drive Replacement
          joe_intel

Hello usfjosh,

Just to make sure, right-click on the non-RAID hard drive in the device tree and select Rebuild to this Hard Drive, as per page 19 of the Intel® Matrix Storage Console user guide (assuming the replacement drive is same or higher capacity than the failed drive).

http://download.intel.com/support/chipsets/imsm/sb/imsm_reference1.pdf

You may also reset both drives to non-RAID, as you have a RAID 1 the data will remain on the original member drive. Then, recreate the RAID with Intel® Matrix Storage Console and choose the option to keep the data from the original member drive. Please note such option is not available from Ctrl+I.

In case further assistance is needed please copy/paste the system report generated from Intel® Matrix Storage Console’s help menu.