Just wondering if you guys can produce some insight into a issue that I have with my i5 4670K as it's quite a odd one.
Since owning Haswell since release date I have had two major issues with my new PC build. The first issue was down to the motherboard's RAID chipset, as when using the RAID 0 disc it would cause the computer to have a crash and in event manage would show up a critical Disk Management error. This issue is now fixed after replacing the motherboard for a third time/change to a different make as I got feed up with the UD3H motherboard (First one had bad Chipset, second had bad BIOS/Didn't Boot). This error only occurred on the first UD3H motherboard and is now solved.
The second issue I have and still have up to now and is the one I need advice on are the BSOD (Windows Event 41 - Kernal Power Crash). Here is the list of issues that I have which may be related to this:
- Computer boots up sometimes when in Standby without any interaction.
- Computer crashes sometimes when Idling for a long period of time E.G. I go out for 3 hours or so when I get back and the computer has signs that it has crashed as it's back on the login screen but doesn't say "Locked" and when I login all my applications are closed. This also causes the Intel Network card not to function properly until I restart the computer.
- Computer randomly goes into standby and boots itself up again later on. (One night I left my PC stress testing with Prime95 and it went into standby and I was like "SIGH so even on heavy load it does this. Sort it out in the morning.", 1 hour later it switches its self back on and continues the stress test LOL! (There was a 1 hour gap in the test log).
- Last issue is that when you shutdown the computer, sometimes it shutdowns and then boots itself back up. This happens mainly when I got to bed once or twice a week.
The issues happen a lot less after changing the motherboard from a Z87-UD3H to the Z87-Pro. The only part that I haven't replaced is the CPU and I believe this is maybe faulty. I have done overclocking so I know that I have voided my warranty but I did buy the Intel Tuning Protection Plan if I do need to replace the processor. Overall I just want to know if the community have experienced similar problems or if Intel could give me some advice. I have also tried updating the drivers/firmware and BIOS but it didn't help.
Computer Specification (Current):
CPU: Intel i5 4670K
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Motherboard: ASUS Z87-Pro
RAM: Corsair Pro 16GB 1866MHz (4 x 4GB)
GPU: EVGA GTX 660 Ti
Optics: Blu Ray Re-writer
Power: EVGA NEX750 (750 Watt)
- 3 x 120GB SSD's
- 1 x 3TB (RAID 0 / 2 x 1.5TB)
Also want to state the I did change my PSU from a Brand 850 Watts which wasn't compatibly to the EVGA NEX750 which is Compatibly.