3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2015 2:58 PM by nictalope6

Intel DX58SO BIOS Recovery?

jawz

Greetings. I just bought the DX58SO which works like a charm, untill you fook it up I have inserted 3x2 GB Cosair 1600 MHz which worked at first, then by a mistake i changed the memory CAS from 9-9-9-24 to 8-8-8-24. Now... no boot, nothin on the screen.. no go. I have tryed to reset the BIOS by pulling out the BIOS battery for 3-4 hours, i tryed to remove the Jumper for the "BIO´s reset" but still nothing happens.... what am i doing wrong?

Alle help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Intel DX58SO BIOS Recovery?
          Aryan2411

Hi there,

Assuming that the CPU is on the Tested List and the memory meets the minimum specification requirements:

Bios Read Me File:
          http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17290/eng/BIOS%20Update%20Readme.pdf

Assuming that you are using a good PSU ATX Version at least 2.2, and you have either a dedicated 1x8 Power Connector for the CPU or 2 (1x4) Power Connector for the CPU, and either a sata power connector for aux power or a molex power connector to provide power to the PCI Express lane.
          Note: Use either the sata connector or the molex (not both)

Basic Rules: CMOS Clear, try to boot the system with minimum configuration (psu, motherboard, cpu, 1 memory, gfx card),

Step 1: Note Update the bios using the recovery mode only
          =====
          Download the latest bios file from the website below

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Clearance.aspx?sType=&agr=Y&ProductID=3018&DwnldID=17639&url=/17639/eng/SO4014P.BIO&PrdMap=&strOSs=38&OSFullName=OSIndependent&lang=eng

Copy the bio file to a fat-formatted usb memory stick
          Remove the bios jumper from the board.
          Connect the usb stick on the target machine.
          Make sure there is no other usb devices connected on the system
          Switch on the system
          Wait for the bios update to complete.
          Put back the bios jumper to its normal position
          Try to boot the machine.

Step A:
          ===========
          Now try to boot the system only with power supply, motherboard and cpu connected (no memory)
          Result:
          Does the board issue any beeps?

Step B:
          ===========
          Put one memory module on the board on the slot dimm 0
          Result:

Step C:
          ===========
          Switch the bios jumper configuration of the board to the configuration mode
          Switch on the system
          Result:

All the best,

Kind Regards,
          Aryan

• 2. Re: Intel DX58SO BIOS Recovery?
            tibin

Step 1: No video

Step A: It beeps - No video

Step B: No video - no change

Step C: No video - no change

Sorry for my english. I have this problem since I updated to 5020 BIOS...had the latest and had the keyboard issue and wanted to get back to the old one and I got no video since then on my monitor, the light just stays amber....

Thanks a lot and thank you for your time

• 3. Re: Intel DX58SO BIOS Recovery?
              nictalope6

Clean contacts with isopropyl alcohol helps memory many times. Other Manufacturing methods that helped me to see the Bios Setup was remove the battery for 10 minutes and start in recovery mode.
              I also was very helpful, another time, replace the video card since the previous remain unusable.
              Until today I did not find anything that is considered as a solution to the problem described.
              Luck.