Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20626 Discussions

Intel Graphics HD for Pentium Processors Driver Download missing?

JGodw
Beginner

Hi there,

I was looking to download an updated driver on my Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)Pentium with Intel Graphics HD. After using the download center I found the appropriate link to the download for the driver(it had been updated 3/5/2013), but when I click on the download icon and it takes me to the download page, but the option for the download itself is missing. I tried entering information as if I had a Core processor just to see if I was overlooking the driver location on the page or something, but the Core processor drivers are listed clear as day on the download page.

Am I just overlooking something, or has this driver been removed for some reason?

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ZKvic2
Beginner

I see the same thing as well. Strange.

Have you tried the automatic update URL at the top of the mentioned page?

0 Kudos
JGodw
Beginner

I did try the automatic update URL, but unfortunately it is not working on my machine. I tried it in two browsers (Firefox and Chrome) and have the latest version of Java installed, so I'm not sure what's up with it and I'm not too inclined to further troubleshoot, as I'm guessing it will give me the same information my manufacturer's auto update program did (that the last driver was published in 4/2011). Thanks for the suggestion though.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello JG17,

I would like to verify this. In the meantime, can you please let me know the processor mode you have?

0 Kudos
JGodw
Beginner

Hi there Kevin,

Sorry about the slow reply, I had trouble with logging into your website, I was getting a server taking too long to respond error.

My Processor is an Intel Pentium CPU B950 @ 2.10 GHz 2.10 GHz

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
VSajk
Beginner

Have the same problem with driver for Pentium Dual-Core G640T 2.4GHz (BX80623G640T) and Windows 64-bit driver. Could you please provide link?

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello All,

What happens here is that the processors you guys have are Pentium Processors but belong to the Sandy Bridge platform.

This means that the driver that you need is the Graphics Driver for Intel HD 3000/2000. You can get the latest graphic driver for your controller at the following Link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22628&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20(64-bit)*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

A very good Tip on these situations is to verify what platform the processor belongs to. You can do it using the ark.intel.com website. Check the files attached.

I understand It is confusing because it is a Pentium processor but is a second generation Pentium processor and therefore it uses the second generation graphics driver.

Hope This help!

0 Kudos
JGodw
Beginner

That did the trick, thanks Kevin!

0 Kudos