1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 9:29 AM by -ddd-

DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100

ck3d

The Intel mainboard DH87RL do not detect the television card TechnoTrend S2-4100. This means neither the Bios nor lspci see this card, which has a PCIE 1.0 one lane interface. The Bios version of the mainboard is 0320 (release date 2013-06-06).

On a compatible mainboard, lspci -v displays following information about the television card:

02:00.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7160 (rev 03)

Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH Device 3010

Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 7

Memory at fdc00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]

Capabilities: [40] MSI: Enable- Count=1/32 Maskable- 64bit+

Capabilities: [50] Express Endpoint, MSI 00

Capabilities: [74] Power Management version 2

Capabilities: [80] Vendor Specific Information: Len=50 <?>

Capabilities: [100] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0000 Rev=0 Len=088 <?>

Is it possible, to fix this compatibility issue or do I have to buy another mainboard?

• 1. Re: DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100
          sylvia_intel

Hello Ck3d,

There is some information we need to know before we can say the issue is related to compatibility. It may be, since we had seen this behavior with other devices.

So please let me know the following information:

•           Did the TV card used to work on this board?

•           Did the issue started after a BIOS updated?

This link provides the list of tested peripherals with the DH87RL motherboard.  http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/db-dh87rl/sb/CS-034268.htm

You may want to test another product on the PCI just to make sure it is working properly.

Regards.

• 2. Re: DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100
            ck3d

Hello,

this card has never been working with this board. But I have no experience with different Bios versions, I tested only the latest one.

I used this card before with an old board from a different manufacturer. And I tested the PCIE slot of the DH87RL board with a different cards (a sound card), which works fine.

If you need further information, than let me now.

Best regards.

• 3. Re: DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100
              stuecki

Hello ck3d and sylvia_intel,

exactly the same problem here:

- Upgraded my HTPC with DH87RL with BIOS Version 0320

- Technotrend S2-4100 is not detected in any PCIe-Slot (BIOS says slot "not populated")

(Card is still working in my old AMD-board. Switching to intel after 10 years of AMD in my house and the TV Card is not working anymore.... ;-) )

Best regards,

stuecki

• 4. Re: DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100
                sylvia_intel

Hello Stuecki and Ck3d,

Could you please use the Intel® System Identification Utility using the following site? http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29

That will generate an 8 digits code called Report Reference ID.  Please let us have that code, this will provide us information on what is being detected on your system. In addition please fill in the following information:

AA number and Serial number of the motherboard:

Processor model:

Memory manufacturer and part number:

Wattage and model of the power supply installed:

Model number of the PCI-e devices installed:

Current BIOS version:

Once I received this information I will provide this behavior to the engineering team.

Regards

• 5. Re: DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100
                  user22

Hello,

I have the same Problem with a Technotrend DVB S2-6400.

The card works in older Mainboards but not in the DH87RL.

No Slot, no other Bios Version has helped.

I used a usb3 card to make sure the slots will work and i could see the card in the Bios and Linux.

Best regards.

• 6. Re: DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100
                    sylvia_intel

User 22, could you please access to the following site and provide me the 8 digits code called Reporte Reference ID?http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29

Also, please fill in the following information:

AA number and Serial number of the motherboard:

Processor model:

Memory manufacturer and part number:

Wattage and model of the power supply installed:

Model number of the PCI-e devices installed:

Current BIOS version:

Once I received this information I will provide this behavior to the engineering team.

Regards

• 7. Re: DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100
                      rwx

Same here with a TBS 6985 DVB-S card.

Bios version is: 0320

Hardware revision of the board is G74240-401

The slot on the motherboard is ok.

The card is working on a different motherboard, lspci -vv output is:

01:00.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7160 (rev 02)
                              Subsystem: Device 6985:0002
                              Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
                              Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
                              Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 32 bytes
                              Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
                              Region 0: Memory at fbc00000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
                              Capabilities: [40] MSI: Enable- Count=1/32 Maskable- 64bit+
                                      Address: 0000000000000000  Data: 0000
                              Capabilities: [50] Express (v1) Endpoint, MSI 00
                                      DevCap: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <256ns, L1 <1us
                                              ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE- FLReset-
                                      DevCtl: Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
                                              RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
                                              MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes 
                                      DevSta: CorrErr- UncorrErr+ FatalErr- UnsuppReq+ AuxPwr- TransPend-
                                      LnkCap: Port #1, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Latency L0 <4us, L1 <64us
                                              ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot-
                                      LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 128 bytes Disabled- Retrain- CommClk-
                                              ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
                                      LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, TrErr- Train- SlotClk- DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
                              Capabilities: [74] Power Management version 2
                                      Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1+,D2+,D3hot-,D3cold-)
                                      Status: D0 NoSoftRst- PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=0 PME-
                              Capabilities: [80] Vendor Specific Information: Len=50 <?>
                              Capabilities: [100 v1] Vendor Specific Information: ID=0000 Rev=0 Len=088 <?>

Change notification

http://qdms.intel.com/dm/d.aspx/9846199D-00AA-459C-9923-EC1663FC857A/PCN112423-00.pdf

and

http://qdms.intel.com/dm/d.aspx/EB13B3AD-C4F4-4884-8DEC-B857306B729D/PCN112551-00.pdf

show that the HW-revision of the board was updated. Version G74240-402 got the C2 stepping of the PCH. A user in another forum stated that this rev is supposed to work with various DVB-S cards.

@sylvia_intel: can you confirm this? Can I trade my board for a newer revision and test it myself?

kind regards

rwx

• 8. Re: DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100
                        sylvia_intel

RWX, I checked the warranty replacement inventory file, and the revisions 402 or 403 are not available yet.

I will try to find out if these revisions have been manufactured or not.

• 9. Re: DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100
                          Cris11

Hello,

This behavior can also be observed with the Intel DH87MC "sister model", as I've already reported in https://communities.intel.com/message/200348#208029.

The reason for this is probably the PCIe 1.0/1.0a bridge used in the extension cards. My TBS-6928-type card uses a 1.0a PCIe bridge as well (NXP7160). It is presumably because of this that the card is not recognized and thus not visible in neither the BIOS nor Windows. To my knowledge, there are no such issues with cards with PCIe 2.0 (or higher) bridges.

According to the card's manufacturer (TBS), the problem occurs only sporadically and can be mitigated by a mainboard firmware update.

Unfortunately, Intel has not yet replied to my inquiry. The latest BIOS is from April of this year, which is why I hope that a new version is already underway which will fix this issue — assuming that Intel is aware of and works on it.

Regards,

Christian

• 10. Re: DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100
                            chris_m

Hello,

I also experienced problems with a DVB-S tuner card, but I guess it is related to the with PCIe 1.x interface and the DH87RL board :

Tuner Card DVB-S2: DVBSky S952 (VER1.0b ):

Chip on Card: CONEXANT CX23885-132. According to CONEXANT documentation the card uses PCIe 1.0a.

I also tested a second card which uses PCIe 1.x (x1):

SATA Expansion Card with 2x SATA Ports: Host controller Silicon Image SIL3132 CNU (according o SIL documentation interface will use PCIe 1.0 standard)

I also purchased a Intel DH87MC mainboard last week, which unfortunately is also not able to detected any of the above mentioned expansion cards! Cards are working fine with older ASUS boards.

Both IDH87* boards have already received the latest BIOS update.

Eg the DH87RL (excerpt of DMI information):

Handle 0x0000, DMI type 0, 24 bytes

BIOS Information

Vendor: Intel Corp.

Version: RLH8710H.86A.0320.2013.0606.1802

Release Date: 06/06/2013

Handle 0x0001, DMI type 1, 27 bytes

System Information

Manufacturer:                                 

Product Name:                                 

Version:                                 

Serial Number:                                 

UUID: A8301DB4-A7DD-E211-B4D3-0013207A7A14

Wake-up Type: Power Switch

SKU Number: To be filled by O.E.M.

Family: To be filled by O.E.M.

Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 15 bytes

Base Board Information

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Product Name: DH87RL

Version: AAG74240-401

Serial Number: BQRL32500029

Asset Tag: To be filled by O.E.M.

Features:

Board is a hosting board

Board is replaceable

Location In Chassis: To be filled by O.E.M.

Chassis Handle: 0x0003

Type: Motherboard

Contained Object Handles: 0

----------------- snip ----------------------------------

I hope Intel would provide a BIOS update soon, since these issues are really not acceptable. According to the PCI Express specs upward and downward compatibility should be ensured! I switched from AMD to Intel first time in 10 years.  Never had such issues with AMD ...

Chris

• 11. Re: DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100
                              Cris11

In my case, TBS support stated that the card is not initialized because the faulty Intel BIOS does not allocate the appropriate bandwidth according to PCI 1.0a and thus the training with the card's root complex fails.

I'd appreciate if Intel would finally take note and fix this issue.

• 12. Re: DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100
                                Sailon

Silvia, do you already have an answer if the 402/403 revisions have been manufactered?

Thanks, Sailon

• 13. Re: DH87RL do not detect TechnoTrend S2-4100
                                  sylvia_intel

Sailon, I’m really sorry but we are still waiting for the information.

1 2 Previous Next