3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2013 2:50 PM by sylvia_intel

BIOS memory error on DQ77KB

Stéphane_D

Hello,

I have a DQ77KB mother board with intel i3 3220T processor.

I have update the BIOS to v52. After the upgrade, I have reboot, check the BIOS and reboot again.

Now, I have a black screen with 3 long beeps (memory error) and impossible to boot.

The memory is OK, I have test it with an other safe memory module and I have the same problem.

I can't go in the BIOS setup, the screen is black before. I have try to reinstall BIOS this "F7", and also to restore it with the BIOS jumper.

I have also try to "clean" the BIOS : unplug all cable, remove the BIOS battery, wait 30 minutes. The problem still the same.

I think the BIOS is corrupted but I don't know how to restore a clean BIOS. If you have any idea...

Best regard,

Stéphane

• 1. Re: BIOS memory error on DQ77KB
          sylvia_intel

Hello Stephane_D,

Do you remember which was the BIOS version installed before you updated it to the latest one (0052)?  We can try doing a BIOS recovery installing the previous version.

These are some recommendations for this issue:

If all this troubleshooting does not resolved the problem, I recommend you get in touch with our Warranty Department so they can help you to replace the unit: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

Regards.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: BIOS memory error on DQ77KB
            Stéphane_D

Hello Sylvia,

I have try all this method, all will try again them just in case.

I'm sorry but I don't remember the previous version, I think it was the v38 but I'm not sure at all.

If it's can't help, I have upgrade because I did't seen any option to go on the MEBX menu (with Ctrl+P).

Thank you for your help even if I was dreaming about a magical solution to solve that.

Regards,

Stéphane

• 3. Re: BIOS memory error on DQ77KB
              sylvia_intel

Stephane, you may want to perform something else before replacing the motherboard,

• Please download BIOS version 0038 (.bio file) save it on an empty flash drive.
              • Remove all hard drives, optical drives and leave only 1 memory stick.
              • Remove the BIOS jumper while the system is off.
              • Plug the flash drive and turn on the system.  You may be able to see the screen while the BIOS is being update, if not, please wait for a few minutes.

Please let me know.