Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics Quick Sync Issues (crashes, freezes, frame drops)

MPana1
Beginner

Hello. After updating drivers (Version 3165) I can't use Quick Sync anymore - video recording application (Mirillis Action! 1.14.3) keeps crashing every time I start recording. No crashes when start recording with previous version of Intel driver (Version 3071) but recording may abort due to random freezes and is not as smooth as used to be, frame drops. Worked just fine before I decided to update drivers for both integrated and discreet cards

My CPU: i5 3570K with HD 4000

My GPU: Radeon HD 7770 (Catalyst 13.4 driver)

Motherboard: ASUS p8z77v-lx with latest BIOS

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate with latest updates

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
MPana1
Beginner

Updated Mirillis Action! to the latest 1.15.2 -> no crashes but still recording may be aborted anytime and there are frame drops.

Tried to completely uninstall Intel drivers for integrated card and installed latest version (3165) -> no positive changes. Updated AMD drivers for discreet card (latest Catalyst 13.8 beta2) -> no positive changes.

Maybe I should completely wipe OS and reinstall everything again?

PS. Here is an example of video record: http://youtu.be/owmRyYoXRNs Bug report video - YouTube , all other videos you can watch on this youtube channel were recorded on a same computer but with older drivers.

0 Kudos
MPana1
Beginner

Looks like I've found a way to fix my problem -> connect monitor to iGPU, not to dGPU. Also I downgraded drivers for discreet card to Catalyst 13.1 which allowed me to use HyperFormance and Virtual V-Sync features of LucidLogix Virtu MVP in some programs I was not able to before (Tera).

0 Kudos
MPana1
Beginner

As time went by after some software updates I'm again facing weird problems with Quick Sync.

The only thing which changed in my PC spec since the first post here:

My GPU: Radeon HD 7770 -> Radeon HD 7850

My current drivers are the latest

AMD Catalyst 14.11.2 Beta

Intel 15.33.30.64.3958 (153330)

Windows has all the latest updates from Microsoft.

Software change:

Mirillis Action 1.18 and 1.19.2

Sometimes (quite often actually) Mirillis Action (both versions) crashes. Happens only when I record with Quick Sync encoder enabled. Connecting monitor to another ghaphics card does not help.

0 Kudos