2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2013 2:21 PM by lyt

HD 4000 does not activate 3rd monitor on TB connection

lyt

Hey guys,

Now that I bought 3 new monitors due to the blackscreen issue I have a new problem

ok

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH  with a i7 3770k ivy.

Can't figure this one out....   I have been reading extensively the MOBO manual and forums.  I know about lots of issues and I thought I bought the right things to not have these problems.

I can only get 2 of three monitors on at one time with HD4000

I specifically built this machine with THIS MOBO to use WITHOUT a video card since intel and gigabyte were HERALDING this so loudly.  I am NOT getting a ded. video card--DO NOT TELL ME TO I NEED ONE.  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin

you can see the mobo will support 3 monitors:

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z77X-UP5 TH (rev. 1.0)

ALL MONITORS ARE THE SAME  

ALL OF MY ADAPTERS WORK PERFECTLY from monoprice  TB>DVI  I had all 3 monitors visible at some point when switching them around so I know for a fact the adapters are not the issue.

Here is the setup.....

monitor 1:    thunderbolt port #1 out > TB/DVI adapter > DVI monitor input 

monitor 2:    thunderbolt port #2 out > TB/DVI adapter > DVI monitor input 

monitor 3:    HDMI out > HDMI/DVI Adapter > DVI monitor input 

ONCE AGAIN  ****ALL OF MY ADAPTERS WORK PERFECTLY*****

windows Graphics sees all 3 and I can switch between them, but all 3 will not work at same time.

Intel graphics only shows 2 monitors....  

windows graphics sees the 3rd monitor but I cannot extend the desktop to it.

I have the latest driver and latest BIOS  

What is the deal?

• 1. Re: HD 4000 does not activate 3rd monitor on TB connection
          kevin_intel

Hello lyt,

There is a configuration so that you can get triple monitor configuration in your system. The configuration is the following:

DisplayPort* + DisplayPort + HDMI* or DVI or VGA or DisplayPort or Built-in Display2

DisplayPort or HDMI or DVI or VGA + DisplayPort or HDMI or DVI or VGA + Built-in Display3

DisplayPort or HDMI or DVI or VGA or Built-in Display2 + DisplayPort or HDMI or DVI or VGA + Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi)

You can check this information at the following link:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033714.htm

It is important to mention that using adapters may interfere in the signal causing problems that can affect the multiple monitor configurations.

• 2. Re: HD 4000 does not activate 3rd monitor on TB connection
            lyt

Thanks Kevin.

Robert U has replied to another thread that he is using passive adapters with no problems w/ screenshots. 

No matter what I try, I can only get 2 of the 3 monitors to work simultaneously. 

The monitors only take VGA or DVI, but I prefer not to use the VGA at all, it is 2013.

The only thing I can think of is that because there are 3 DVI monitors, and the HD4000 only puts out 2 DVI clocks, so I need a third active adapter since the signal for DVI is different than for DP.   However it has been brought up that monitors that are the same... should be able to share a clock, so why does Intel HD graphics panel only show 2 monitors, while windows recognizes all 3?