Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Problem updating HD 4600 Drivers

WResc
Beginner

iverok so ive spent the last 2 days trying to solve this problem with no improvements. I want to run 2 monitors off onboard graphics until the dedicated card I want is released. I installed windows 8 pro and the mobo screen and the welcome screen is on one monitor but as soon as it starts to load the start screen and windows that monitor loses its signal and the second monitor is the only one being detected. I thought I just needed to update the drivers so I did that and it worked, both monitors were being detected and I could use them, everything was good. BUT when I reboot or shut down when I start back up its like I never even installed the drivers. The device manager shows that I have the latest drivers but the monitor isn't detected after the welcome screen. I re run the installation application and the drivers work, both monitors are alive and well until I restart my computer, its driving me crazy trying to figure this out, ive re installed windows 8 countless times and I even tried windows 7 and had the same problem on all of them. ive started it up in safe mode and uninstalled the driver and reinstalled the driver, I read some thread that said updating the SSD firmware might help so I did that with no solution. I called Intel support and MSI support and they said they haven't seen this issue before... Help me please T_T

below are the system specs.

Intel i7-4770k

MSI Z87 Mpower

16 gig 1866 Corsair Dominator platinum

256 Samsung 840 Pro SSD

1 tb wd storage drive

creative sound blaster fatal1ty champion sound card

(when its released-MSI GTX 780 Lightning)

PC power & cooling silencer mkIII 1200 W
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello EFD307

It is important to mention that the driver we provide is a generic driver and it is strongly recommended to use the driver from the system manufacturer.

You may download the driver at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3720&DwnldID=22842&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4600&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3720&DwnldID=22842&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Desktop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=4th+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4600&DownloadType=Drivers&lang=eng

I recommend you doing the following:

1. Uninstall the current driver you have installed.
  2. Download and install the driver from the link above.
  3. Make sure you are using direct connection (no video Adapters).
  4. Update the BIOS in your system.
  5. Install the monitor drivers.
0 Kudos