3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 2:50 PM by lhill

BIOS VERSION NOT INTEGRATED ON INTEGRATOR TOOLKIT ( DC53427HYE)

Tigurius2705

Hi,

I've an issue about my Bios update on my Intel Nuc DC53427HYE.

I've used Intel integrator toolkit and i can't find this BIOS VERSION on Integrator toolkit menu.

Maybe this is not compatible ?

Morever, can i recovery my bios without display ?

Regards,

Marvin

• 1. Re: BIOS VERSION NOT INTEGRATED ON INTEGRATOR TOOLKIT ( DC53427HYE)
          lhill

Hello Tigurius2705,

Thank you for alerting me to this; the NUC boards and kits should be showing up in ITK for the automatic download option. I am investigating this problem.

In the meantime, you can manually download the .BIO file from Download Center, save it locally, and pull then pull it into ITK using the option for Select BIOS > Customize a BIOS file.

Regards,

Lois H.

Intel

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: BIOS VERSION NOT INTEGRATED ON INTEGRATOR TOOLKIT ( DC53427HYE)
            Tigurius2705

Hi,

Thanks you for your reply,

I've got another question for you :

I try do deploy some intel PC and they got the same GUID And didn't got Serial number/Vendor/version information/Model in the BIOS SYSTEM INFORMATION menu.

It's why i can't clone these PC.... because my deployement system need to identify them by an unique id. He use the GUID and/or Serial number.

Can you help me ?

Regards,

Marvin (P&G company)

• 3. Re: BIOS VERSION NOT INTEGRATED ON INTEGRATOR TOOLKIT ( DC53427HYE)
              lhill

Hi Marvin,

I consulted with one of our ITK experts about this, who says: The GUID is not a field that is modifiable with ITK or the companion utility VCUST(W). There is the SMBIOS field in the ITK screen, and entries in this menu should be modifiable to create a custom BIO file. But normally one would only produce a custom BIO file with SMBIOS fields if many systems will share the same values.

If one only wants one board to have a specify value then one can use VCUST(W) to add some single system specific SMBIOS strings to a single motherboard.

The VCUST(W) pdf file that is part of ITK that has some examples of the VCUST(W) syntax, for example:

VCUST [-BIO=<filename>] -SMBIOS switch=<string>|<value> [-QUEUE=<filename>] [-APPLYQUEUE]

SMBIOS switches:
              -S[M|P|V|S|K|F] <string> write system mfg|product|version|serial|sku number|family string
              -C[M|V|S|A] <string> write chassis mfg|version|serial|asset string
              -CT <byte> write chassis type byte (01h-1Dh)
              -OEM[1-255] <string> write an individual OEM String

Regards,

Lois