1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 5, 2013 11:57 AM by Diego_Intel

Overscan issue with connecting to TV via HDMI with Intel 965 integrated graphics

Scotty0709

I have an old Satellite A300 Laptop (which has Intel 965 Integrated graphics) and I have connected it to connected it to a Philips Flat TV 32PF5320 by using a "1080P PC Laptop VGA & 3.5mm Audio Analog To HDMI HD HDTV Video Converter Adapter" (reason for using this is because this laptop only has VGA output and the TV only has HDMI input) and right now the image has been scaled up to 720p on the TV (as 1080p didn't work correctly).

Now everything is working okay except for the fact that I have a little bit of overscan at the bottom of the screen (can only see half of the taskbar etc). I was wondering is there a way to change the scaling/reduce the overscan with this graphics card? I do know that both Nvidia and AMD control panels have the capability to make adjustments to help resolve overscan issues but the options I have come across thus far for the Intel 965 seem very simple and I can't see any advanced options.

I have came across people suggesting making changes to a .INF file of the downloaded files for the driver of old integrated graphics to unlock resolutions which aren't available by default but surely that isn't the only option to help fix an overscan issue?

Hope you can help.

• 1. Re: Overscan issue with connecting to TV via HDMI with Intel 965 integrated graphics
          Diego_Intel

Please bear in mind that this product has reached its End of Interactive Support so Intel no longer provides interactive support for this product via telephone, chat or e-mail. Furthermore, the issue might be caused by the type of converter/adapter that is being used.

You may try adjusting the resolution of the system, or trying to set a custom resolution as 1184x666. Also update the system BIOS and video drivers installed. Also use the latest driver for that monitor you have installed.

You can also try by checking in the setup menu for your TV. Check the scaling options setting for the input connected to your system. Some displays have an internal setting to disable over scan.

If the issue persists, you may need to test using a direct connection and make sure with your laptop manufacturer, that 1080/720 is fully supported for your system.