In your case, I recommend accessing the BIOS and setting the BIOS chipset mode as RAID since after the BIOS update all settings will be reseted as default.
Per above it's not the onboard Raid I am using. I have an Adaptec 6905 Raid card installed in the PCIe x16 slot and with the BIOS update it is no longer recognized by the BIOS. It shows the slot as being empty even though the card has power and works fine.
In your case, I recommend you doing the following steps:
- Clear the CMOS on the motherboard.
- Update the drivers in your motherboard using the latest ones from our download site.
- Install the latest Firmware update on your RAID card.
If issue persists, I recommend you doing a BIOS roll back to the previous BIOS version. You can check more information about the BIOS recovery process at the following link:
1. I already cleared the CMOS and removed the battery as well.
2. Drivers are updated however this is irrelevant since the raid BIOS does not come up upon cold boot
3. Motherboard does not see Raid card anymore but the BIOS is updated.
I cannot roll back BIOS as the updated BIOS for Windows 8 does not allow roll back. Please see if a BIOS fix is forthcoming for this issue.