Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

How do I control what happens when I open the notebook lid?

MBest4
Beginner

Specifically I want it to change it to do nothing.

I have an external monitor connected to my Fujitsu Lifebook P772 (with Intel 4000 graphics), running Windows 7, and I normally have it set up with output only to the monitor. If I close the notebook lid, everything is fine. But when I open the lid, it usually switches to output only to the notebook screen, which then messes up the size and position of all my windows (since it's 1280x800 compared to 1920x1200).

I know this is coming from the driver, since the standard VGA driver doesn't exhibit this problem. I was able to reduce the annoyance of the issue by using the extended desktop mode. Then when I close and open the lid, it just switches back to extended mode so my windows don't get messed up. But I really don't want to do that either.

I'm using the latest version of the Intel driver (3156), but had the same problem with the original driver from Fujitsu (2696).laptop

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello mdbest,

Are you using a video adapter/ convertor? What is the connection you are using?

0 Kudos
MBest4
Beginner

I'm using DisplayPort (no adapter), but I had the same problem when I used VGA (also no adapter). The monitor is a Dell U2410.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello mdbest,

The Intel ®HD graphics driver should be keeping the settings as you configured. Based on your information and since you have been testing our driver, I recommend you contacting the system manufacturer so that they can provide the driver for your unit.

It is important to mention that the drivers we provide are generic drivers. This is because we provide the hardware to the system manufacturer and they will design and create their customized software and drivers for their computers.

0 Kudos