Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14400 Discussions

i7 3770 temperatures?

MCust4
Beginner

Hello ! I have i7 3770 runing at stock settings with turbo boost , I wonder are my temperatures fine?

Idle: 40-43c

Gaming: 60c

Full-Load: 70c

Thank You

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Temperature values vary from system to system, from model to model and even from processor of the same model. Furthermore, the temperature of the processor may depend on many other factors such as the location of the system, airflow and other components installed in the computer. Therefore, there would not be a way to say what temperature ranges are fine or not. What can be said, is if the system is working under specifications, which it is.

Additionally, keep in mind that Intel(R) processors have the feature of turning off the system when there is actually over heating to prevent any damage.

MCust4
Beginner

Thank You for your response... Last question, can Little a bit too much thermal paste "stick" the cpu with that shield which holds the cpu in socket? Thx

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

If I understand correctly you refer to excess of Thermal Interface Material that could possibly stick the processor to the socket enclosure. If that is the case, the excess of Thermal Interface Material would not stick the processor permanently to any surface (even the bottom of the Heat Sink), if its hard to remove, you can heat it a tittle bit and it will soften.

0 Kudos
MCust4
Beginner

yeah . I meant those doors which holds the cpu in socket. Because paste gone from the left and right side of cpu so i though it will become sticky and that i wont be able to remove CPU anymore. But as you claim that thermal paste wont stick to any surface then I don't need to worry about. Thank you for your support

I'm providing you a picture which i marked with RED color to show you for which area was I talking about.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Yes, that is the area i was thinking of, still if the proper amount of Thermal Interface Material there should be no excess going to other parts like in the socket. Check with the Thermal Interface Material manufacturer if you are using a third party one for application instructions.

0 Kudos