Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4778 Discussions

SS4000-E ram increase? low speeds :(

pr5
Beginner

Hello,

I am dissapointed due to low performance (slow wirte/read speeds) on the NFS functions on my SS4000E.

I would like to get faster machine, and I would like to ask, is the memory upgrade will increase speeds? If not, what should I do, to get faster sercies on this machine?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

pawel r,

The SS4000-E was manufactured with 256 MB DDR SDRAM memory. The memory in the SS4000-E is non-upgradable.

The firmware on the SS4000-E doesn't support additional memory and there is no benefit to increasing available memory. The using a larger memory size shouldn't cause a failure, the system would just not use or even be able to address part of the memory.

Memory larger than the 256 MB DDR SDRAM memory has not been validated by Intel.

It could just be a function of the older architecture causing the perceived low speeds.

Regards,

John

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

pawel r,

The SS4000-E was manufactured with 256 MB DDR SDRAM memory. The memory in the SS4000-E is non-upgradable.

The firmware on the SS4000-E doesn't support additional memory and there is no benefit to increasing available memory. The using a larger memory size shouldn't cause a failure, the system would just not use or even be able to address part of the memory.

Memory larger than the 256 MB DDR SDRAM memory has not been validated by Intel.

It could just be a function of the older architecture causing the perceived low speeds.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
pr5
Beginner

Thank you for your reply

0 Kudos