6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2013 4:48 PM by le_modulor

DZ77RE-75K memory problem code 48

le_modulor

I am upgrading my PC and just installed a brand new DZ77RE-75K motherboard (version # G39010-302).

On power on, with 2 4MB memory sticks in DIMM 1 and DIMM 3, I get 3 beeps and error code 48 indicating a memory error.

If I insert only 1 4MB memory stick in DIMM 1, I get 3 beeps and error code 48 indicating a memory error.

If I insert only 1 4MB memory stick in DIMM 3, I resolve the problem and don't get error code 48.

Please help.  does the above mean I have a bad motherboard?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: DZ77RE-75K memory problem code 48
          Ziad Aghar

Capture.PNG

Check to see if your BIOS is set to operate in DUAL Channel "if available" cause, the order you are installing the memory is for single channel.

If it's the same memory stick which works in slot 3 & not working in slot 1 then, most probably you have a dead RAM slot.

Also, try to populate both blue slots for optimal performance.

Keep us updated

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DZ77RE-75K memory problem code 48
            le_modulor

Dear Ziad, I put the two 4MD DIMMs in DIMM Slots # 2 and 4.

1) I can boot now with no Error Code 48 errors

2) CPU-Z says that the memory is running in Single Channel

3) I went into the Bios and couldn't find the switch for accepting Dual Channel memory.  Can u pls help me locate that witch.

Thank you for your help in this urgent matter>

• 3. Re: DZ77RE-75K memory problem code 48
              Ziad Aghar

Most but not all new boards configure themselves automatically whether to run in single or dual channel, according how you install the RAM sticks.

For the system to operate in dual channel you have to populate memory slots 1 & 2 "as per attached image". You are populating slots 2 & 4.

In case, you are still reading single channel in CPU-Z after the proper configuration. Go into BIOS>Advanced > Memory Configuration Menu> Memory Mode & check if it says single or dual.

If single channel is reported in the BIOS please follow these steps:

1. Go into BIOS, load setup defaults, save, & exit
              2. Check with CPU-Z "if the issue persists"
              • Eliminate that it's not a misreading from CPU-Z by downloading AIDA64 Downloads | AIDA64 "Tools>Adida64 CPUID>Memory Type

PS.     If this solves the problem, go back into your BIOS & tweak your settings back to how you want them. Just don't mess with the Performance tab.

• 4. Re: DZ77RE-75K memory problem code 48
                le_modulor

Dear Ziad, I was not able to resolve my issue and figured out that one of my 1 & 2 memory slots is bad, but thank u for all ur help.

One other question? Is the DZ77RE-75K desktop board compatible with 8GB SDRAM modules in a 2x8GB SDRAM configuration? the manual says ionly use up to 4GB SDRAM modules.

Thanks.

• 5. Re: DZ77RE-75K memory problem code 48
                  sylvia_intel

Le-Modulor,  the motherboard does support 4 x 8GB SDRAM modules for the total of 32GB, but it is necessary to have the following configuration

DIMM Capacity

Configuration

SDRAM Density

SDRAM Organization Front-side/Back-side

Number of SDRAM Devices

8 GB

Double-sided

4 Gbit

512 M x 8 / 512 M x 8

The RAM needs to meet that configuration to be capable of running the 32GB SDRAM.

The information provided by the support site has a typo since it mentions the following: 32 GB maximum total system memory (using 4 GB memory technology). Instead of 4GB it should said 4gb or 4 Gbit memory technology.   http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dz77re-75k/sb/CS-033457.htm    

In addition to that, it is important to check if the memory’s speed and the voltage are supported by the processor.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: DZ77RE-75K memory problem code 48
                    le_modulor

OK, great. Thank you for the info Sylvia.