Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14517 Discussions

Intel Haswell serie processors

MBenc2
Novice

Dear community & supporters,

I read in some forums and home-pages (bench-marks) about difficulties for Haswell series with the warm dissipation.

The first information I collect is about the metal cover of the processor not welded but joint to chip inside through "heat transfer paste"

The second is the very poor quality of this paste.

Third, temperature difference (by equal workload/over-clocking) about 40 degrees.

The proposed solution is: the opening of processor-cover and the replacement of Intel paste with a better one. But this implicate the loss of warranty.

Questions:

1) Is the topic with warm-dissipation true? Have you experiences about that?

2) If yes, do Intel plan to change/modify anything on the heat-transmitter-cover?

2) Why Intel don't weld the chip-cover anymore?

Thanks in advance and best regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

4th Generation Intel Core processors working under factory settings are warranted to work within the thermal specifications for the CPU model. We are unable to comment on performance when at CPU is not operation under factory settings. So a warm-dissipation problem would not be correct.

Concerning your two last questions, I am afraid that we do not comment on the manufacturing process of our products.

0 Kudos
MBenc2
Novice

1. the turbo function of processors is specified by manufacturer hence not a use outside Intel specifications. This function cannot be switched off by user.

2. the user are obliged to use a stronger cooling system as generation 3 (e.g.) water-cooling.

3. if generation 4 is worser (in therm of warm dissipation) than generation 3, what the reason (for users) to buy a 4th generation?

4. I never over-clock any PC-component, that the reason to use my PC-component since 7 years.

I plan to build a new PC for myself in the next 2-3 years, besides have to buy two new notebooks (one for my wife and one for my daughter). I don't think that components (for-all processors) will survive the three-years warranty.

Concerning your two last questions, I am afraid that we do not comment on the manufacturing process of our products.

With "we" you mean myself too? 40 degrees is a lot and if "we" cannot comment under the rubric "/community/tech/processors/tags# /?tags=performance performance, /community/tech/processors/tags# /?tags=& &, /community/tech/processors/tags# /?tags=comparison comparison, /community/tech/processors/tags# /?tags=optimizations optimizations, /community/tech/processors/tags# /?tags=haswell haswell then...

Best regards.

0 Kudos