Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20600 Discussions

DH77EB BIOS EBH7710H.86A.0101.2013.0516.1649 doesn't have the option to change IGD video memory (IGD DVMT)

VV6
Beginner

Hello,

I am using an intel Core i7 3770 @3.4GHz on a DH77EB motherboard together with a total RAM of 8GB @ 1600MHz. Updated to the latest BIOS EBH7710H.86A.0101.2013.0516.1649 recently and video driver ver. 9.18.10.3165 is installed and up to date. When I checked the system info the minimum graphics memory dedicated is detected as 64MB and total graphics memory available is shown as 1696MB (in systemrequirementslab.com, GTA 4 episodes from liberty city game and even the previous video driver reported the minimum graphics memory as 64MB)

The problem popped up when I tried to play GTA IV Episodes from Liberty City. The game ran but only at 800x600 resolution and its not letting me change any of the graphics settings indicating that there is only 64MB video memory and it currently will require around 256 MB of graphics. When I searched online many people are playing the game by changing the graphics memory allotted to 1024MB in the BIOS and this makes the game detect the dedicated graphics memory as 1024MB.

But to my surprise this setting is not present in the BIOS I am using now. I can't adjust the video memory size in the BIOS because of this. When I looked up on intel's product support page I found the BIOS features Glossary document PDF. Checked in it and it says that there is an option such as IGD DVMT in the BIOS which will let me do this. But in my case I couldn't find it in the BIOS after searching it 3 times in every possible way.

Did intel forget to put this feature in the latest BIOS ?

Is there any way to change the graphics memory to a dedicated 1024MB instead of 64MB ?

I have seen other manufacturers such as ASUS and AsRock offering this feature in their BIOS.

Pls help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello vejeshv,

The option you are searching at the BIOS level is called IGD Minimum memory. The motherboard DH77EB includes the video memory up to 256MB.

You need to access the Video options and you will find it as IGD Minimum Memory.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello vejeshv,

The option you are searching at the BIOS level is called IGD Minimum memory. The motherboard DH77EB includes the video memory up to 256MB.

You need to access the Video options and you will find it as IGD Minimum Memory.

0 Kudos
VV6
Beginner

Hello Kevin,

I searched my BIOS using the search tool and browsed through all the sub menus but could not find a setting named "IGD Minimum memory" but I found what I was looking for by switching my BIOS to classic mode. There was the exact option I was searching and it was named just like what I expected. It is called "IGD DVMT memory" under the configuration>video>IGD DVMT memory. Though the issue got solved for now as I changed the setting from "maximum DVMT" to "512 MB". But I wonder why it behaves strange when I put the setting as "Maximum DVMT" it shows only 64MB as dedicated minimum memory in the OS and when I change it to 512MB it shows 512MB dedicated memory. I found ASUS and others having an additional choice offering upto 1024MB to use as dedicated minimum memory. Why didn't intel use this ? Anyways the problem is solved for now. Thanks for the reply Kevin.

0 Kudos