5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 9:13 AM by kevin_intel

Please suggest me.

rupankur borphukan

I recently (on 15th. June 2013) purchase a Core i3 3210 processor to upgrade, from i3 2100, for my custom built PC . I'm just using the stock heatsink that comes with it.
      Basically the issue holds that when I turn on the computer using the power switch the fan doesn't spin for about a secnod, right after it does one slow spin, and then it finally starts to spin full speed. But after Windows open the fan comes to normal speed.
      So I replace my old stock heatsink of i3 2100, there is no fan-spinning issue. Even I try with other old Intel stock heatsink of LGA1155 my running config, but no fan-spinning issue with this new Core i3 3210 processor .

My config. as follows:
      Motherboard: Asus P8H61M-LE rev 1.03 (Bios:4404)
      Ram: Gskill F3-10666CL9D-4GBXL
      HDD: Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB
      PSU: FPS 400W
      PCIE: Asus USB 3.0 Card

Please suggest me.

Intel 1.JPG

Intel i3 3210 Fan issue.JPG

• 1. Re: Please suggest me.
          kevin_intel

Hello rupankur

Based on the description you provided I recommend you updating the BIOS in your system. If issue persists after the update, make sure the fan is clean of dust and it is connected to the processor fan header in the motherboard.

I also recommend you testing other heatsink fan. In the case that issue persists, you can contact us so we can replace the fan.

Our Support Center can be reached at:

916-377-7000

rpd@mailbox.intel.com

http://www.intel.com/cd/channel/reseller/apac/eng/support/429847.htm

• 2. Re: Please suggest me.
            rupankur borphukan

1) There is no latest bios version for Asus P8H61-M LE after 4404 at http://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/P8H61M_LE/#support_Download_35
            2) I was purchase the CPU- Core i3 3210 on 15th. June 2013, so it is definitely clean.
            3) The fan header may not issue, as same heatsink fan faulty spinning at Gigabyte GA B75 D3H motherboard with Core i3 3220.

So I proceed to replace fan if possible.

• 3. Re: Please suggest me.
              rupankur borphukan

1) Recived Intel replaced Heatsink Fan on 2nd Sep 2013 with {ticketno:[7501xxx900]}. But the spinning problem does not solved or problem still persist as before and fan RPM does not increase at high ambient temperature.

2) After few days H61 motherboard dead, so I replaced this i3-3210 to another Motherboard B75. This Motherboard GA B75M D3H very fequently crash bios and some times unable to boot.

3)  On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 with {ticketno:[7501xxx017]}, I send this processor to Intel service center and they replace a new 'Box Intel i3-3210 processor (S/N: N832813xxx337)' on 16th Dec 2013.

I install this new i3-3210 at B75 Motherboard first, but problem/ issue came as like previous faulty i3-3210 had. This B75 Motherboard have no problem/ issue with my other i3-3220.

I also install this new 'Box Intel i3-3210' processor at two different H61 motherboard but problem still persist. The both H61 motherboard work flawlessly with i3-3220 or i3-2100.

Now my question- Is i3-3210 manufacturing defect ? Now what I will do with my i3-3210 (S/N: N832813xxx337) ?

I am using Desktop p/c since 1995, till LGA775 I had no experience 'Intel Processor RMA'. I purchased six(6no) Intel Processor LGA1155 in 2012/13, but two of them Replaced and one returned to retailer due to does not 1st. boot.

• 4. Re: Please suggest me.
                kevin_intel

Hi rupankur,

At this point we have not received reports from other customers about this issue. I will forward the information to the corresponding but for now, I recommend you checking for updates from the board manufacturer side.

• 5. Re: Please suggest me.
                  kevin_intel

Hi rupankur,

Based on the information received from the engineering department, it is a normal behavior for our new fan design because the fan has to do a couple of small spins to identify the position of “blade 1” and then it spins up to normal speed.