2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 10:44 AM by joe_intel

how to set Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 for wake on wlan (WoWlan)

peterstar

Hello Community,

I built HTPC (AsRock Z77, I5-3570K, Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235) and would like to use Ipad3 as remote controler togerher with XBMC

Well, still I can not realize configuration for wake on wlan (WoWlan) using Intel 6235.

Original delivered wlan card Realtek RTL8191SE (with MBO AsRock) was able to do WoWlan, but I replaced it with Intel 6235 because of 2 dual-band.

Present I have driver 15.7.0.3 in use

Please for support in this matter

How can I use 6235 for wake on wlan!?

best regards and many thanks

peterstar

• 1. Re: how to set Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 for wake on wlan (WoWlan)
          joe_intel

Hello peterstar, I am sorry for the delay in the response. This information was not available at the time you posted here but I have requested this since then.

Requirements

• WoWLAN is supported with Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software 15.6.0 or later.
          • WoWLAN is supported with Microsoft Windows 8* only.
          • WoWLAN is supported on specific OEM platforms only. Check with your manufacturer to determine if your system is supported.
          • Supported Adapters:
            • Intel® Centrino® Wireless –N 2230
            • Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235
            • Intel® Centrino® Wireless –N 2200
            • Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205
            • Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300
            • Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N + WiMAX 6150
            • Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250
          • Coexistence with Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT)
            • WoWLAN features will be disabled if Intel® AMT has the following enabled:
              • Platform has Intel® AMT enabled, and
              • Intel® AMT is configured to operate in S3, and
              • Intel® AMT is configured to use WiFi

Enabling and Initiation

WoWLAN is initiated upon suspend under the following conditions:

• WoWLAN is enabled in the OS level, in the adapter settings dialog.
            • Note: the magic packet checkbox is optional and will limit the wake reason to be only due to magic packet received.
          • The WiFi adapter was configured by the OS with a valid WoWLAN configuration (wake patterns and/or protocol offloads), for example by an app using WoWLAN.
          • The WiFi adapter is associated with an AP.
          • 2. Re: how to set Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 for wake on wlan (WoWlan)
            joe_intel

It is also important to notice that in your case the wireless adapter and its integration must be validated by the system/motherboard manufacturer.

Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Regulatory information regarding hardware installation or upgrade