1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 12, 2013 10:54 AM by Diego_Intel

INTEL HD 4000 (HP ProBook) Minimum requirements not met, installation issues

Edwin8882

Hello,

First of all I want to apologize for starting another thread with this topic, but I have tried everything in similar threads and it didn't helped me out. It's extremelly frustrating and now I'm stuck with VGA video card as my last straw was deleting Intel drivers, which I already had, however I wanted to upgrade them so I could increase video cards performance by setting the limit higher as in some applications it doesn't adjust automatically it stays at 62 MB, what is too low for these applications to even run (it wasn't possible with my previous drivers). The problem is that whenever I try to install it (tried generic both, .exe and .zip versions, also the one from HP website) it says "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software". It happens everytime, whatever I try to do, I'm lost. After deletion of my intel drivers, I thought that it won't conflict anymore and I will be able to install fresh new ones, but the problem still persists. Please help me out, as I'm quite green with this and any help would be very appreciated.

My laptop specs:

Intel HD 4000

HP ProBook 4540s

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit 6.1 Build 7601

Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i5 3210M CPU @ 2.50 GHz (4CPUs) ~ 2.5 GHz

Memory 4GB DDR3

Directx 11

Got Win SP 1, framework 4.5...

I hope this is helpful, please let me know if you need more information. THANK YOU.

• 1. Re: INTEL HD 4000 (HP ProBook) Minimum requirements not met, installation issues
          Diego_Intel

"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" message is usually seen when an Intel(R) product has not been detected, when the driver is for another model of the video controller or when using the driver a not validated operating system (or using a 32 driver on x64 or x64 ones in a x32 OS).

From what I can see, your system is using switchable graphics, so it might be possible that the Intel(R) video controller is disabled while trying to install our video driver, hence it fails to install as an Intel(R) product is not being detected. Try checking that this is not the case and try loading the driver with the "Have-disk" installation instructions posted on this site:

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm

You need to use the zip file posted here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22842&lang=eng

In addition, try updating the system BIOS in your system.

HP ProBook 4540s Notebook PC -  Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

If the issue persists, even with the drivers provided by Hewlett Packard*, the problem may be the operating system itself, which could have a corrupted registry which fails to recognize the Intel(R) hardware properly. For this you may need to run a system repair, a system restore or re-install the operating system.