This is very interesting and I am investigating now to solve your problem. In the meantime, I would like to know the following:
- Have you over clocked the processor?
- Can you please run the Intel® Processor Diagnostics Tool and let us know the result?
- Can you also please post the Dxdiag report here?
1. I have not overclocked the processor.
2. I have Linux installed, so I can't run the latest Processor Diagnostics Tool. The LiveCD version I found is version 126.96.36.199 from November 2011, is that good enough? Or can you point me to a version for Linux?
3. As above, I can't run DXDIAG since I'm on Linux.
Are there commands for Linux that can help?
Can you please try doing the following steps?
1. Have you over clocked the processor?
2. Can you please run the Intel® Processor Diagnostics Tool and let us know the result?
4. Can you please restore the default settings at the BIOS level?
5. Can you also please post the Dxdiag report here?