1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 8, 2013 11:39 AM by sylvia_intel

DP67BG crash/no boot -- Video card related

milsivich

Problem:

Every couple of months computer won't boot (but I shut down several times a week), gives 2 beep message signifying that a graphics card can't be found. At first I worked around this problem by simply turning off all power, removing the graphics card, and replacing it exactly the same way. It would then boot fine. This has happened 2-3 times in the year I've had it.

Then yesterday I had a crash while I was playing a video game. When I tried my cheap work around it still wouldn't boot. In desperation I tried putting the graphics card in the card 2 slot and it worked, but I had to re-install the drivers.

Just crashed again while watching a youtube video. This time, however, it booted fine.

All graphics card drivers are up to date.

Rig:

Intel DP67BGB3

EVGA GeForce GTX 570

Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 MHz

i5 2500k 3.3 GHz

OCZ 128GB Vertex 4

• 1. Re: DP67BG crash/no boot -- Video card related
          sylvia_intel

Hello Milsivich,

First of all, we would need to troubleshoot the system without the video card, to check if the problem is related to a defective motherboard.

- So please test the system out of the chassis, with minimum configuration (motherboard, processor, 1 memory stick and power supply) no video card.

-Remove the CMOS battery and leave the system without it for about an hour. Then put it back on and restart the system. http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm?wapkw=clear+cmos+battery#datetime

-You may need to check if there is any new BIOS version available so you can flash it on the motherboard.

- Once you test the system using the onboard video, please include the video card on the PCI-e.  I also recommend you to update the firmware of it.

-If the issue persisted, try using another video card/ wirelesscard/ etc  in order to discard a defective PCI-e.

-If the issue persist and if the motherboard is still under warranty please get in touch with our Warranty Department so they can help you to replace the unit: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport

Regards.