9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2013 12:33 PM by sylvia_intel

Now all of a sudden Hyper Threading does not Work!  Please Help!

JTraynor77

Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit

E3-1235 Zeon Processor (no overclocking)

Asus P8BWS MB C206 B version (latest BIOS)

Kingston KVR 1333D3E9SK2/8GB x 4 (also tried with one stick) memory

OCZ Vertex4 SSD (VTX4-25SAT3-512G M x 2 in RAID 0) (also tried a single Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001)

Corsair HX850 Power Supply and Obsidian case

OK, so I’m at my wits end. Everything was running just fine for about 6 months.  Then “all of a sudden”, a week ago, while in Windows 8, the system reboots all by itself to the log on screen, and before I can log in again, it starts rebooting again!  The log on screen fails and reboots, over and over.

So I disconnected everything except bare-bones (above) with different scenarios including many BIOS resets, a different hard drive, reinstalling Windows 8 FAIL (the error message was that "Windows did not shut down properly".  I tried installing WinXP 32 Bit - SUCCESS.  After further research on the Asus P8BWS MB (ASUS P8B WS - Endless Reboots) Also see motherboard - ASUS P8B WS - Endless Reboots - Super User, and http://www.abxzone.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-61041.html), I discovered that disabling Hyper Threading enabled me to install Windows 8 again. This tells me it's a hardware issue, either the CPU, MB or PS???

Where do I go from here???  I think this is the CPU - please advise.