2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2013 4:00 PM by sylvia_intel

USB Disconnect/reconnect on DZ77GAL-70K

Sighbot

I have built this computer with the Intel DZ77GAL-70K back in January with Windows 7 64-bit and had no issues up until 2 weeks ago when I re-installed with Windows 8 Pro 64-bit.  This was a complete clean install, not an upgrade.  Since then about 2-3 times throughout the day I hear the sound of a USB device disconnecting then reconnecting 1-2 seconds later.  During this 1-2 seconds I am unable to use my mouse and keyboard.  No messages appear on the screen that anything has been disconnected or reconnected, the only indicator is the sound.

I have ran the automatic drive update tool on the Intel Website and everything is up to date.  All Windows 8 updates have also been performed.  When I installed Windows 8 two weeks ago I updated the bios to the most current version at the time.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

Complete system specs are:

Motherboard: Intel DZ77GAL-70K

CPU: Intel i5-3570k

CPU Cooler: Antel H20 920 (I mention this because it does connect to an internal USB port)

Memory: 4x4 gig DDR3 @ 1866 MHZ

Graphics: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC

PSU: Corsair HX750

Optical: Sata blu-ray drive

Boot Drive: 2x 128GB Samsung 840 pro's in RAID 0 (Using on-board Intel RAID)

Storage Drive: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black

TV Tuner: Hauppauge HVR 2250

Connected USB devices include:  Keyboard, Mouse, Wireless Headphones and Magic Jack.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.  Please let me know if there is any more information that I can provide.