Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

No HDMI output Intel G45/G43 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

DBati1
Beginner

Hello - recently updated to win7 64 bit on the Dell studio slim 540s. Since the upgrade, I can not get the integrated HDMI port to work at all. To date, here's what i've tried to no avail:

- Updated all graphics and chipset drivers via Dell website

- Updated the accelerated graphic drivers after using the auto-detect feature on Intel website

- Updated BIOS

- Used different HDMI cords and different HDMI slots on tv's/monitors

- Looked in display options on control panel - HDMI output tv's/monitors not recognized

- Checked Device manager for any unrecognized devices - Only found "Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface" not recognized , which after further investigation appears unrelated

- Followed steps in Intel HDMI and TV out online troubleshoot guide

- * Checked Registry for HDMI options by clicking: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Hardware Profiles\0001\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\VIDEO\{C95CB286-E861-40D0-83CE-5C3A49B256E5} - Could not find {C95CB286-E861-40D0-83CE-5C3A49B256E5} in registry

* This appears to be the most troubling, not being able to find the above in registry. Not sure what this means or what to do from here. Are there options maybe in Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services that need changed?

Integrated VGA works fine. I have other intel boards with Win 7 64 bit ultimate installed. The cords and tv/monitors connect with no problem. Just this one has issues.

Let me know if additional info is needed to help pinpoint, and I will immediately supply.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

mos2000

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Just to confirm on this, do you get any video output if you test the system with no VGA display connected and using only HDMI? Are you able to get video on your system BIOS using only the HDMI display interface?

0 Kudos
DBati1
Beginner

My apologies for the delayed response. No , I do not get video directly from the HDMI in POST or OS startup when removing VGA

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Not having video on BIOS or out of the operating system environment, would indicate a hardware related problem.

You should try using another display, cable and check directly with your computer manufacturer to see if the hardware in the computer is working as normal.

0 Kudos