I recently purchased a Gigabyte Z87-D3HP motherboard and am having the exact same issue reported in system event log (see photo below).
Also, the same thing happens when I shutdown the PC :-/
Here are the system particulars.
* Desktop Board:Gigabyte Z87-D3HP (Socket 1150) with Z87 chipset
* Onboard Options Used (i.e. Video, Audio, LAN): Both
* Current BIOS: F4 (latest)
* Processor: Intel Core i5 4670K
* Memory: Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz
* Operating System: Windows 7 64
* What do you have connected to the USB 3.0? Nothing to USB 3.0. I have the Microsoft eHome receiver plugged into USB 2.0 port.I'm aware that the intel chipset on my motherboard has a known bug relating to closing down open files when waking up from (S3) sleep mode. I'm wondering id this is somehow related?!
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
We have found the document that states there was a stepping conversion on our 8 series motherboards.
This document was release on May24, 2013. In order to find out if you have a C1 or a C2 stepping motherboard, you would need to contact Gigabite, so then can let you know when was you board manufactured.
They may also be able to confirm you which stepping you motherboard has.
If the board is a C1 stepping, you would need to go back to the place of purchase and replace the board for a newer one.
In addition to this, I would also recommend you to check if the power supply you are using is Haswell ready.
This link will provide you the list of PSU: http://www.intel.com/reseller/psu_selector/