7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2013 12:58 AM by wolfie

DZ77RE-75K can't boot after BIOS 66

wolfie

IT might just be my system, but after the upgrade to the new 066 BIOS, my system won't boot to the desktop unless the BIOS is in it's as installed default state. Hangs @ code C6

Has anyone else experienced problems?

Is it my system, does something actually need to be set to get it to boot?? or something which needs looking with the upgrade?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: DZ77RE-75K can't boot after BIOS 66
          wolfie

Well, that was a very exciting adventure just had.... full of the up and downs of a back flash which didn't take, (same condition present... no boot) a Recovery BIOS attempt to the previous release which just sat there and laughed - several times. Doing a Basil Fawlty impersonation at the motherboard brought a moment's joy, as a Recovery attempt to the latest release did work.

Crikey, what happened there?? (was the BIOS really written by a young person who takes her duties of "messing with their heads" very seriously indeed?)

But all to no avail... as settings were applied the $#%$&$!!! failed to boot again. OKayyyyy... deep breath, a nice cup of tea and seeing the cat scurrying out the door in interests its own safety, applied one's self to a step by step/ item by item look see at just what the heck was going on "inside",

Turns the first selection was the culprit... Secondary SATA needs to be engaged for the mobo to boot properly

WHY????? what have we done to deserve this... we've been faithful and easy to get on with customers - haven't we? We've always looked after your products and spread good will - haven't we?

WTF! - WHY????

• 2. Re: DZ77RE-75K can't boot after BIOS 66
            Diego_Intel

So, what you refer to is that the secondary SATA controller in the system needs to be enabled so the system can boot normally?

Is there something connected to the secondary SATA ports (gray ports managed by a Marvell controller) in that system?

• 3. Re: DZ77RE-75K can't boot after BIOS 66
              wolfie

Hi

No, nothing is connected to the grey ports at all and yes, the controller needs to be enable to allow proper booting to the desktop.

I have four ports in use... the two blue, with Intel 520's  (ports 0 and 1), an optic drive in port 2 (black) and a WD Red in port 3 (black).

The mobo will beep once and the BIOS splash screen (which used to be the skull) appears, then after a short time it will beep once again then hangs, still at the same splash screen.. If F2 isn't pressed (to gain access to the BIOS itself) within the very few first seconds, there is no access to BIOS.

• 4. Re: DZ77RE-75K can't boot after BIOS 66
                Diego_Intel

Please use the Intel® System Identification Utility using the following site:

http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29

That will generate an 8 digits code called Report Reference ID.  Please let us have that code, this will provide us information on what is being detected on your system. In addition please fill in the following information:

AA number and Serial number of the motherboard:

Processor model:

Memory manufacturer and part number:

Wattage and model of the power supply installed:

• 5. Re: DZ77RE-75K can't boot after BIOS 66
                  wolfie

Hi

Thanks for looking into this

Report Reference ID: 0191 8934

AA number and Serial number of the motherboard: G39010-302 / BQRE219000NR

Processor model: i7-3770K

Memory manufacturer and part number: Gskill RipjawsX F3-12800cl9Q-16GBXL

Wattage and model of the power supply installed: 860w Corsair AX860

• 6. Re: DZ77RE-75K can't boot after BIOS 66
                    Diego_Intel

I wanted to let you know that I was able to replicate this behavior, so let me forward this to the research team so a fix may be provided in a next BIOS release.

Thank you for bringing this up. We really appreciate this kind of feedback.

• 7. Re: DZ77RE-75K can't boot after BIOS 66
                      wolfie

Thanks, Diego, for looking into this... it is much appreciated

Cheers