Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20688 Discussions

I7-3770 HD 4000 screen flicker

SVosk
Beginner

Hello,

I have been reading about the rash of problems about screen flicker and video problems with people running this chip. I have the same problem. I have updated the drivers to the latest from Intel using the driver update tool. I also ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool and it passed fine. I am still getting screen flicker, although much less then when I started. My biggest problem is watching youtube videos in full screen. There's lots of ghosting flickers of random colours and static. I have the same HD4000 graphics on my laptop and I can watch the same video with no problem.

So far I have switched motherboards (new board), switched RAM around in all the combinations (1 stick, 2 sticks, different DIMMS), OS fresh install, but no luck. Problem is still there albeit getting better with each new driver.

Thanks

Asus P8H77-M/CSM

Intel I7-3770

Corsair Vengeance LP 16gb (2x8gb)

Samsung 840 Pro SSD

Win 7 Pro 64bit

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Could you please provide the driver versions of the releases that you have tested with? And can you confirm if this happens of its resolved or alleviated with the drivers provided by Asus*?

In addition, please provide the full model of the monitor displays that you have used, what type of ports/cables are you testing? Do you see this issue you use the system in Windows* safe mode? Or with no Intel(R) video drivers installed or disabled (through Device Manager)?

Please attach the dxdiag report from that system. To get the report, go to start menu > type dxdiag> click on save all this information, then open the file and copy paste here the contents on it.

0 Kudos
SVosk
Beginner

Chip was defective, returned to vendor. Put new chip in and problem was solved.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Alright, it seems that it was a hardware issue then. Glad to know you resolved your issue.

0 Kudos