Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

Intel RST : acceleration is not available

DMara3
Beginner

Hello everybody,

Recently we purchased some HP 8300 elite computers. They were shipped with two disks, as this :

1x 20 GB SSD hard drive

1x 500 GB SATA hard drive

the SSD is used as a cache-disk and normally we should be able to accelerate the other disk (where System is installed). I installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bits on this computer, downloaded and installed the latest version of Intel Rapid Storage Technology software but I don't have the option to accelerate my disk.

Please see below :

1. in Windows Disk Manager (only one system partition) :

2. in Intel RST homepage, I can see my SSD-cache and system disk:

3. but in Performance tab I cannot accelerate my system disk, it is not present in the right-sidebar and the button "accelerate" is missing:

Any idea what could be the problem ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hello hik3,

Please note this community space is dedicated to provide support for Intel® SSDs only.

In regards of Intel® Rapid Storage Technology and Intel® Smart Response Technology you may want to post this subject in the Intel® Chipset Communities or contact your computer manufacturer for further assistance.

/community/tech/chipsets http://communities.intel.com/community/tech/chipsets

0 Kudos
DMara3
Beginner

Hello joe,

Is it possible to move my topic or should I start a new discussion in the mentionned category ?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

This thread was moved to the Intel(R) Chipset Communities.

0 Kudos
DMara3
Beginner

Sorry Joe, I started a new discussion after that Jose moved this topic. Should I delete the new one ?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Actually, is it possible to perform a secure erase or low level format on the Intel® SSD?

Please use the Intel® SSD Toolbox in order to run a secure erase:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455

Additionally, you can use Diskpart within Windows* to clean and reset your Solid state drive. To use this tool, you can either open up a command prompt window within Windows, or boot from the Windows* installer CD, allow it to load the files, and get to the part where it allows you to choose the drives and partitions after the license agreement.

At this part press Shift-F10 this will load a DOS environment (when using the Windows* installer disc).

Type the following and hit enter after every line:

• Diskpart (it will display information in regards to the tool)
  • list disk (it will show a list of your available disks with a number next to)
  • select disk # (replace the "# " with the number representing the drive you wish to clean)
  • clean all (after this it will stay at a blinking cursor during about 15 minutes for a 80GB drive)

You only need to use one of the above methods and then try to enable the acceleration again.

0 Kudos