8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2014 1:57 PM by sylvia_intel

How to set a correct fan curve on DZ77GA-70K

Tadashi Dalba

My cpu (3570K) is runnig 4,2Gz and cooled by intel RTS2011LC  but the fan on  raiator is always at 1200rpm, during prime95  my cpu running hot and the fan always same speed.  I cant uderstand visual bios options about cpu cooling settings. May I have some advices pls?

• 1. Re: How to set a correct fan curve on DZ77GA-70K
          sylvia_intel

Hello ,

Let me know the model number of the memory you are using and the processor temperatures you are getting?

Regards,

Sylvia L

• 2. Re: How to set a correct fan curve on DZ77GA-70K
            Tadashi Dalba

Here is my machine

Mainboard: DZ77GA-70K bios 0064

CPU: 3570K (overclocked with bios auto setting to 4,2Ghz, very stable) + intel RTS2011LC

ram: 2x4GB corsair dominator platinum 1600 CL9 model: CMD8GX3M2A1600C9 (xmp profile loaded on bios)

VGA card: Nvidia GTX 680

SSD Intel 520 256GB

OS. Windows 7 SP1 x64

Case: zalman gt1000 + reobus (only two front fans are connected)

I getting 70° C afther five minutes of Prime95 and the fan speed  is Always at minimun duty cicle!

Once I set the fan curve from balance to performance in performannce menu  (visual bios) do not save this setting

The only one thing I can do is set minimun duty cycle fan speed, and this setting is saved correctly but I want a decent fan curve, please help me.

• 3. Re: How to set a correct fan curve on DZ77GA-70K
              sylvia_intel

Hello,

Based on your processor specifications it was designed to run up to 3.8 GHz with turbo boost.

Currently, Intel does not recommend doing any type of over-clocking, since that will force the processor or even the graphics controller to run out of specifications, hence the system will become unstable.

The Intel recommendation is to use the system at the default settings, so it will be running under the specifications that it was designed to run

Even though Intel makes unlocked and Extreme Series processors that are robust enough to handle customizations, Intel doesn't recommend over clocking any of their internal components (memory, video or CPU) and there is no warranty support for that practice.

It is required to use the correct memory type when using our processors otherwise the warranty won't cover the product.

The Fan Speeds from the liquid solution goes from 800 to 2200 RPMs.

I recommend you get a at least 1 memory stick DDR3-1333/1600 and test the processor with it.  You may want to download the Intel® Processor Diagnostics Tool and run it in your system to get the processor information http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/CS-031726.htm

Regards.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: How to set a correct fan curve on DZ77GA-70K
                Tadashi Dalba

Thank you so much for your support

test passsed successfully with 65 degrees C below maximum but fan speed  ran Always at minimun duty cycle and I still do not know how to set properly.

• 5. Re: How to set a correct fan curve on DZ77GA-70K
                  sylvia_intel

Tadashi,

We are doing some research on this behavior and some tests in our systems. Once I have an update, I will let you know.

In the mean time, I recommend you to run you system with the correct memory specifications, since over clocking is no cover under warranty.

Regards,

Sylvia L

• 6. Re: How to set a correct fan curve on DZ77GA-70K
                    sylvia_intel

Tadashi, please test the system using BIOS v0066 Download Center     

Please let me know the results.

• 7. Re: How to set a correct fan curve on DZ77GA-70K
                      xB2Spiritx

Hi Sylvia

Why does Intel release K series Processors and Extreme Series motherboard when Intel does not support the overcloking function?

If intel does not support, why does Intel in the first promotion Overclocking features in the product packaging?

• 8. Re: How to set a correct fan curve on DZ77GA-70K
                        sylvia_intel

This is because you can take advantages of overclocking settings, but even though Intel makes unlocked and Extreme Series processors that are robust enough to handle customizations, Intel doesn't recommend overclocking any of their internal components such as memory, video or CPU. I'm afraid that it would be under your own risk since there is no warranty support for that practice.