3 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2013 1:58 PM by lhill

Missing Internal USB header pins on Celeron NUC

Jammy-B

Hi!

I Just received my Celeron DCCP847DYE NUC today and went about installing My SSD, WiFi and RAM. I instantly noticed that the internal USB headers are missing and checked the specs. It should have one!

what do I need to do to get this replaced as I desperately need the internal header for IR purposes.

The codes inside say - GESK301004V8 AA G80890-101

regards

James

• 1. Re: Missing Internal USB header pins on Celeron NUC
          lhill

Hi James,

Our NUC development team is interested in finding out what our customers use the internal USB header for. Do you have a specific add-in IR device that you plan to plug into the USB header? What make and model is it?

Regards,

Lois H.

Intel

• 2. Re: Missing Internal USB header pins on Celeron NUC
            Jammy-B

Using a short 6inch internal USB header lead and a WMC RC6 IR receiver, I'm going to slot the NUC and fit some black opaque plastic to form a window for the IR to pass through to hit the IR receiver.

I'm also going to fit the PCS-1 from www.simerec.com which will attach to the internal power pins giving me full on/off control from powered off.

This is all to run openELEC's XBMC.

Why didn't you fit a factory IR receiver!!!?

Had a message back from intel support regarding my problem and they say send it back! How can I guarantee that I will be sent the correct model NUC with the correct board inside? Why can't I send the board back directly to you and you send me a correct board?

Regards

• 3. Re: Missing Internal USB header pins on Celeron NUC
              lhill

Hi James,

Please send me a private message with your contact information and I will have our call center contact you on this issue.

And thank you for the information on how you are wanting to use the onboard header. I'll pass that along to our development team.

Regards,

Lois H.

Intel