Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14506 Discussions

i7 3770K temp

saksu
Beginner

I use "thermaltake water 2.0 extreme" water cool kit. But I think I can't take full performance

Room Temp :28 °C

CPU İdle Temp :32 °C

Mainboard : DZ77RE-75K

CPU : i7 3770K (Stock Speed)

PSU : Corsair TX650W

Case : Corsair R500

Thermal compund : Arctic Silver 5

Prime95 5 minutes test results

CPU load temp : 70 °C

Is everything alright?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Serdal Aksun,

Your processor has a TCase value of 67.4°C; anything from the Tcase and below will be the expected temperature of the chip in normal use

When the processor is stressed out meaning that you are running heavy processor applications the temperature will go beyond the Tcase ( reach 80 to 85 degrees Celsius) and the processor will still be OK. The cooling fan is in charge to keep that temperature there.

If the processor temperature reaches 100 degrees Celsius or more it will send a signal to the motherboard to shut down to prevent mayor damages (overheating).

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Serdal Aksun,

Your processor has a TCase value of 67.4°C; anything from the Tcase and below will be the expected temperature of the chip in normal use

When the processor is stressed out meaning that you are running heavy processor applications the temperature will go beyond the Tcase ( reach 80 to 85 degrees Celsius) and the processor will still be OK. The cooling fan is in charge to keep that temperature there.

If the processor temperature reaches 100 degrees Celsius or more it will send a signal to the motherboard to shut down to prevent mayor damages (overheating).

Regards.

0 Kudos